INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there an easy way to do this?  (Read 1339 times)

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
Is there an easy way to do this?
« on: May 13, 2003, 11:04:23 am »

I thought all my cover art was in folders as folder.jpg but I keep coming across tracks that are associated with covers in the MC cover directory that I never put there.

Anyway, I thought I'd do a search for images that weren't named folder.jpg and sort it out. Not as easy as I thought.
First I tried '-imagefile=folder.jpg' but this still showed masses of folder.jpgs and I discovered that Folder.jpg is not the same as folder.jpg so this wasn't going to work.
Then I tried to change all the Folders to folder but I can't find Image File in in Find/Replace box. I could just change all the fields to folder.jpg but I don't think MC will be able to cope with changing over 4000 files.

Any suggestions on how I find all the non f(F)older.jpg images?

Cheers.

nila

Re: Is there an easy way to do this?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2003, 06:09:16 pm »

-imagefile=folder.jpg or -imagefile=Folder.jpg

Windows isn't case sensitive though so this shouldn't make any difference. Not sure why it is? A bug maybe?

Also - if you want to sort all your cover art nicely consider using AlbumView as it has options to export all cover art to a nice location :)

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2003, 08:26:45 pm »

Also - if you want to sort all your cover art nicely consider using AlbumView as it has options to export all cover art to a nice location :)

How would you go about doing that? That would be so wonderful. ;D

nila

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2003, 11:09:35 pm »

Install Album View - it's on the third party plugins page.

Then run it and get it to set up and create all your albums. Once it's sorted your songs into albums just right click and it has options to export all your cover art files to locations of your choice with filename masks of your choice.

You can do fixed paths (c:\covers\) or ones relative to the songs ([albumpath]\folder.jpg) etc. etc.

Works a treat :)

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2003, 06:27:55 am »

You know I played with that a few times a couple of months ago, but I never could figure out what it was doing, so I gave up. :( I guess I need to play with it some more.  ;)Thanks for the tip!

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 10:10:01 am »

consider using AlbumView

No PayPal from where I am so no Album View (already discussed in Third Party forum).

I'll give your suggestion a go though.

Thanks Nila.
Pages: [1]   Go Up