INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What I want is......  (Read 974 times)

sikm

• Recent member
What I want is......
« on: June 07, 2019, 01:19:24 am »

A device that will play my music collection via a USB connection; a remote speaker sort of thing.
I have all my music on a portable hard drive and would like to be able to plug it into a free standing device. I'm interested in varying levels of playback sophistication from complex to dumb.
I play music on my PC via MediaCentre and am very happy with it's performance. Playing MediaCentre through my Sony Bravia is also good but the connection is frequently lost. What I'd like to be able to do is play music elsewhere and it would appear that a remote speaker would be a good solution.
I have used a JBL speaker and think the sound is fantastic: however whilst excellent for playing Spotify playlists and the like it has no USB connection and is, essentially, a 'dumb' device.
In an ideal world there would be a device that took USB input and gave you the option of playing what and in what order. Stepping down from that a device that took a USB and just played it 'as it comes' would also be good.
I'd be grateful with any opinions/suggestions ranging from the ridiculously out of reach to eBay specials!
TIA
Simon,
Australia

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: What I want is......
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 06:39:57 am »

The JRiver Id should work:

https://jriver.com/Id/

sikm

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 04:40:58 pm »

I had looked at that but was looking more for a player with built in speaker.

sikm

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 08:04:17 pm »

Finally went the route of a BlueTooth dongle for the PC coupled with a portable BlueTooth speaker. This way I can use MediaCentre to control the music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up