INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio File List View Question  (Read 608 times)

GaryG45

• Recent member
Audio File List View Question
« on: June 24, 2019, 05:16:51 pm »

I'm new to JRiver and have a question about the format of the file list view.  I've checked the wiki and searched the forum and haven't found an answer.  I'm probably overlooking something obvious.  In my file list panel the files are grouped by album and there is a header for each album.  The header format is album by album artist(auto) then date at the far right.  I've attached a screenprint that displays Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette 1995. Is there a way to change the format of this header?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audio File List View Question
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 05:30:44 pm »

You can toggle the view by using CTRL-U several times.

GaryG45

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 10:54:58 am »

Thanks.  That toggles through the various File List view formats.  I'm interested in the ability to modify what I'll call the album title line in the File List view in my attachment.  The current format with square brackets for tags appears to be: [album] by [album artist(auto)] [date], which for the first album produces Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette 1995.  I'd like to know if it is possible to change the album title line to a format like: [album] ([date]) - [album artist], which would produce Jagged Little Pill (1995) - Alanis Morissette.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 12:58:55 pm »

Create a new field by going to Tools\Options\Library & Folders\  Choose "Manage Library Fields...".  On that screen click "Add New Field", name your field whatever you'd like.  Then click the radio button next to "Calculated data" and in the box below that, labeled "Expression" enter in [album] ([date]) - [album artist]

Now go back to your view, hit the little arrow on your tab that says "Panes" in your screenshot.  Choose "Group By" and then "More (sort groups a-z)" and choose the field you created above.  Your header will now read [album] ([date]) - [album artist] or Jagged Little Pill (1995) - Alanis Morissette

GaryG45

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 02:18:54 pm »

Thank you very much! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up