INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MediaJukebox and Girder  (Read 1062 times)

fixitnate

• nothing more to say...
MediaJukebox and Girder
« on: January 22, 2003, 04:18:44 pm »

I'm trying to get Girder, the program used with IR PC Remote Controls, to work consistently with Media Jukebox and am having no luck.  When I try capturing, for instance, the "Play" button in Media Jukebox, that function will then work until I restart my computer.  The Girder setup is the same after this but it either doesn't work at all or the button I have set to Play now Fast Forwards or something.  

Can anyone tell me if MJ is using different commands or handles each time it is started?  Or, barring that, does anyone have an idea of what is going on?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MediaJukebox and Girder
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2003, 04:34:26 pm »

I don't know, but you might have better luck on the girder forum.  It could be a timing problem, but they can probably help you there.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2003, 05:11:37 pm »

Here's another source of information.  

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=183015

These people are using NetRemote to control MJ or MC and other applications.  They often use girder.

NetRemote is at www.netremote.org .

fixitnate

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2003, 05:15:31 pm »

Son of a...  I didn't see you guys have a Plug-in for Girder.  Well looky there, it's working now that I have it installed!  I feel like a twit now.

Thanks for the quick response.  Media Jukebox has been a far superior product to anything else I've tried so far (RealCrap, WinAMP, MusicMatch).  Keep it up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up