INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android: Easier Action  (Read 842 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver for Android: Easier Action
« on: August 05, 2019, 11:18:59 am »

I'd like bigger buttons, or easier actions in two specific places:

1) When you navigate to the album you want, and then press and hold, the popup windows for Play and Add (to end) are too small if you're trying to use the phone when it's mounted in a car.
2) If you navigate to a track and press and hold, the popup menu is also small.

Basically, when I have my phone mounted and I navigate to something, I want to quickly hit play.  The tap and hold menus that popup, I have to move my hand away from the screen, figure out which option I want, then try to tap it again.  I used this quite a bit driving last week and adding things to the playlist was not easy enough to feel comfortable doing.  Maybe I could make a default long tap action (in settings if I choose, long tap on Album = Play, vs long tap on Album = Add (to end)).  Then if I've selected that, I won't even get the secondary popup window, it'll just do it.

These popup menus seem perfectly fine when you're using the phone not driving, but when you add that, it just gets a little trickier. 

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver for Android: Easier Action
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 11:38:27 am »

How about making the last action a bigger button or selection?

Or highlighting it with a darker color?

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 03:55:46 pm »

How about making the last action a bigger button or selection?

That would work for me.  I think that would make it easier to see the screen out of the corner of my eye and still be able to get to playing the album without having to totally focus on the screen.

Or highlighting it with a darker color?

That might make it stand out more, but I want it to be easier to tap without really looking hard at the screen.  I'm not sure that seeing it better would help, because I'd still need to focus on the area of my screen to touch.  There's just not a whole lot of room between Play and Add (to end), for example.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 10:35:36 pm »

How about just defaulting to the last action taken after five seconds.

Plus set up your playlists before driving? Because, you know, using the phone while driving is a bad thing.  ;D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 11:56:19 pm »

How about just defaulting to the last action taken after five seconds.

Plus set up your playlists before driving? Because, you know, using the phone while driving is a bad thing.  ;D

I think the 5 second thing would work, but it might take people a few times to figure out what happened if they are slow users.

Yeah, no doubt.  But it's easy to see coverart that I recognize and want to tap on it to play it.  That secondary menu is the tricky part.  I noticed this a lot in the last week because I was somewhere with a good deal of traffic, so I'd get through 1 album before my destination. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up