INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android 25.0.88 -- Available Here  (Read 1408 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver for Android 25.0.88 -- Available Here
« on: August 07, 2019, 08:16:00 am »

Preview build 25.0.88 is available on the Play Store
This is a new build of JRiver for Android.  Please post bugs here.

Please use this thread for discussion.

Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Play Store Download
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jriver.mediacenter

25.0.88 (8/6/2019)

1. NEW: Starting to implement Media Session to allow playback control from other devices.
2. NEW: Added some improvements to the handling of data and control over Bluetooth.
3. Changed: The notification window was sometimes collapsed by default.

25.0.85 (7/30/2019)

1. Fixed: Possible crash when closing the notification window.
2. Fixed: Cover art was not displaying in the notification window.
3. Fixed: Panel - Cover art was not loading when playing certain streams, like Radio Paradise.
4. Changed: JRiver for Android will start if the initial permission request is denied, but it will display a warning.
5. Fixed: JRiver for Android will not display a broken page link during the initial permission request.

25.0.84 (7/26/2019)

1. Fixed: JRiver for Android was crashing when starting up.

25.0.83 (7/25/2019)

1. NEW: Implemented 32-bit and 64-bit versions of JRiver for Android. The Play store should automatically select and install the appropriate version.
2. Changed: Panel - Added a sign out button to the Cloudplay page.

25.0.80 (7/22/2019)

1. NEW: Panel - Added Cloudplay to JRiver for Android.
2. NEW: Panel - Added a button to the Settings page, in the Library tab, to run auto-import.
3. NEW: Panel - Added a button to the Playing Now page menu that will swap the slider between volume and playback if only one is displayed.
4. NEW: Panel - Added an option to clear the playing now list in the options menu on the playing now page.
5. Changed: Panel - Changed the Information tab title on the Settings page to Library.
6. NEW: Added SSL support to JRiver for Android so streaming options (i.e. Radio Paradise, Cloudplay) should work now.

25.0.45 (5/31/2019)

1. NEW: Added support for playing images to the local player zone.

25.0.19 (4/5/2019)

1. Fixed: Panel - Search results were not getting loaded when using an expression as the search parameter.
2. Fixed: Import was not finding files in folders with square brackets in the folder name.
3. NEW: Implemented the Android audio manager to handle audio focus messages.
4. NEW: Added the ability to play local audio files to JRiver for Android from the Android file browser.
5. Fixed: Stopping the service while the current zone was a remote zone could prevent the service from starting again.

25.0.16 (3/27/2019)

1. NEW: The Android app now uses gapless playback as the default.
2. NEW: Added cover art to the notification window.
3. Changed: The notification window will update if the zone is changed.
4. Changed: Lowered the channel priority of the notification window so it won't make noise.
5. Changed: Don't show the notification badge on the app icon when the notification window is active.
6. Changed: Added a settings button to the notification window that will open the settings page in Panel.

25.0.15 (3/21/2019)

1. Fixed: The Android app would crash when playback was started.
2. Fixed: Panel - When going to the Playing Now page, the playlist was not scrolling to the currently playing item on Android.

24.0.21 (3/19/2019)

1. NEW: Improved the lifecycle of the media service. The media service will now start when playback starts, and can be stopped from the notification window.
2. NEW: Created a custom notification window that will update as playback changes.
3. Changed: Moved the options menu to side drawer view, which can be opened from the menu bar or by swiping right from the left side of the screen.
4. Changed: Replaced the Panel header bar with an app toolbar.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver for Android 25.0.88 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 12:21:44 pm »

I saw this:

1. NEW: Starting to implement Media Session to allow playback control from other devices.

And of course started playing with it (even though the description clearly implies it's not ready for that :) ).  I loaded my Pixel 3 library into my MC server on windows and tried to change some tags.  It seemed to work.  I then tried to set a cover art image.  I noticed in windows the coverart icon was a web link, and suggested I change the cover art behavior to save in the file (which was already set, at least according to windows).  Then I went back to my pixel and all of my coverart was gone.  Eventually it reset and now i see the coverart back.  The new one isn't there, but I didn't really expect that to work.

However, if go to the album where I changed some tags, those changes aren't showing either.

Is this the plan with this change?  We will be able to manage the library from another device as well?  That's a pretty nice idea.  Would be great if I could 'send' files to that library as well, as a form of syncing.

BradATIMA

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 11:54:31 am »

This addition is really just for passing metadata for the playing file to other devices, as well as handling media buttons on remote devices. For now, it should improve the experience a bit when playing to a car. However, it's still a work in progress.

biblio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 06:18:21 pm »

Missing change log for 25.0.95
Pages: [1]   Go Up