INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleting album covers from JRiver/Media Center 23/Cover Art/Albums  (Read 873 times)

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen

So I managed to delete all the errors from that fiasco about G drive the other day. I have had just had cause to look in the Cover Art/Albums folder (I want to drop some of them into Photoshop to add a "SACD" label) and all the covers from those thousands of albums (in error) are still there. Those albums are now removed from the Library, so can I just delete the covers from the folder (via windows, that is)?

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Deleting album covers from /////JRiver/Media Center 23/Cover Art/Albums
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 11:09:31 pm »

There's an option to do this safely.  Options->File Location->Cover Art->Clean cover art folder

Any image not deleted is currently referenced by the library.

Recommend you select "Also store image in the file's tag".   That's best practice.

It is not necessary you use this folder.  See the options given in the same section for "Audio mode".

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 11:20:24 pm »

Great, thanks wer, I've done that and they were already stored in the tag

It is not necessary you use this folder.  See the options given in the same section for "Audio mode".
Not quite with you there....

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 11:28:26 pm »

Some of the albums show the image as an "inside file" which is not in that Covers folder (and there are far too few images there to match the number of albums). I presume that it is attached to the file via the metadata or something? I can see it in the metadata (either via windows or JRiver) and I know I can change there but I'd rather get access to it if I can, so I can just drop it in Photoshop to add that label.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Deleting album covers from JRiver/Media Center 23/Cover Art/Albums
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 11:50:08 pm »

First read this article:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art

You can select all/any of your files, right click, and select Cover Art-> Save Cover Art to External Location Specified in Options.

This option will do exactly what it says, and you will know where to find the cover art.

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 11:54:32 pm »

Fabulous! Thank you so much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up