INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No "Record Label" in the tagging?  (Read 1025 times)

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
No "Record Label" in the tagging?
« on: August 14, 2019, 12:45:44 am »

Just going through the fun of tagging some classical music, where the quality of the recording is highly dependent on the "Label" like Telarc, Deutsche Grammophon, etc. I was surprised that I couldn't find a field called "Label", and couldn't see how to customise one. Is there a way to do that?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: No "Record Label" in the tagging?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 02:35:00 am »

Wouldn't [Publisher] have a one to one relationship with Record Label. i.e. They are the same thing?

There is a standard [Publisher] field in MC, and my limited number of Classical tracks have the Record Label stored in it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 02:48:54 am »

Wouldn't [Publisher] have a one to one relationship with Record Label. i.e. They are the same thing?

There is a standard [Publisher] field in MC, and my limited number of Classical tracks have the Record Label stored in it.
Well....I guess I can use it at a pinch, although I imagine that technically the publisher publishes the "sheet" music....not that I care though. It's just surprising that it isn't there, and given the vast power of MC that I have been discovering in the last week, equally surprising that I can't customise a field.

I added Publisher but none of my (also limited) number of classical CDs have anything in that field.

wer

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 03:20:20 am »

Whether your existing files have anything in Publisher is up to the lookup database you used.  Roderick is right that Publisher is the normal field for this.  I rip using dbPowerAmp and it often, but not always, supplies the Record Label in the publisher field.

Where did you get the idea you can't customize a field?!?!   That's nuts, and no one here would have told you that.

Feel free to create a new database field called "Record Label" if you like.  Apply it to file type audio, check save to file tags, then use it as you would any other field.  The database is extensible.

Options->Library and you'll see the button to manage database fields.

MC will let you organize and tag your files in almost any way you can imagine.

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 04:05:21 am »

Whether your existing files have anything in Publisher is up to the lookup database you used.  Roderick is right that Publisher is the normal field for this.  I rip using dbPowerAmp and it often, but not always, supplies the Record Label in the publisher field.

Where did you get the idea you can't customize a field?!?!   That's nuts, and no one here would have told you that.

Feel free to create a new database field called "Record Label" if you like.  Apply it to file type audio, check save to file tags, then use it as you would any other field.  The database is extensible.

MC will let you organize and tag your files in almost any way you can imagine.
Yes these were all ripped with dbP but there was nothing there when I included Publisher in the list after Roderick's post.

I thought I might be able to customise a field when I clicked "customise" (funnily enough) so, no, I'm not suggesting that someone here said that, at all.

If you mean Options as in Ctrl O then there is nothing there about Library, and I can't find any other reference to options.

wer

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 05:46:25 am »

If you mean Options as in Ctrl O then there is nothing there about Library, and I can't find any other reference to options.

This screen.  You see the big entry on the left for Library?  Click it, and open your eyes.

You will get answers faster, and make things easier on everyone trying to help you if you do a little googling first, and spend some time familiarizing yourself with the interface, the menus, the online help, and the screens available.  Try.

Please google "jriver options" and read the following article before saying it's not there, or you can't find it, or something can't be done.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Settings
Pages: [1]   Go Up