INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anything on the drawing board for WinTV-PVR.  (Read 1173 times)

Doc_Holiday

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Anything on the drawing board for WinTV-PVR.
« on: May 06, 2003, 03:09:50 pm »

I have a WinTV-PVR 350 from Hauppauge.  In the help file it says that these don't work with Media Center.  Is there any planned support or should I keep using the crappy sofware that came with it.

BTW, I did a search for this and came up with nothing.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Anything on the drawing board for WinTV-PVR.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 04:02:13 pm »

Have you tried it out?

If it does not work, maybe you can tell us what happened. We may try adding support to it in the future, but I can not say for sure when.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Doc_Holiday

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 04:37:26 pm »

I get a "Failed to Access TV Tuner" error message when I try and access a station.  It says in an infine loop when I do this. If I click "OK" the error message comes right back.  The only way to exit the program is to end task it.  

Let me know if you need any more information on this issue.  I know tons of people will jump for joy if the can get rid of WinTV2000 from Hauppauge.

Doc_Holiday

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 06:46:17 pm »

I just came across this on a Hauppauge form.
Hauppauge had done WDM (Windows Driver Model) drivers
and are the new standrad for new OS like Win2000/XP
but please keep in mind that it dose not output YUV
which min 3rdparty applications like Dscaler, PowerVCR,
WinDVR, VirtualDub, ect, ect use so it will not work
with this card becuase the WinTV-PVR 250/350 only output
MPEG1/2 in RealTime.

Go to reviews-->PVR-350-->Conclusion

So I don't know if MC 9 can work with direct MPEG output, because I know that the WDM drivers are what everybody else is using.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 07:09:44 am »

I get a "Failed to Access TV Tuner" error message when I try and access a station.  It says in an infine loop when I do this. If I click "OK" the error message comes right back.  The only way to exit the program is to end task it.

Looks like you are using VfW driver, not WDM driver.
Are you sure it got stuck in infinite loop? MC is known to attempt to repeat a few times when it fails to start TV, but usually stops after a few times.

So I don't know if MC 9 can work with direct MPEG output, because I know that the WDM drivers are what everybody else is using.

There would be a problem with recording and time-shifting if you choose to use a video compressor, such as JRiver Video Codec. But since it is MPEG already, you would not need to use a compressor anyway. I do not know however if you can do preview with MPEG output directly. I have to examine my code carefully to know that.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Doc_Holiday

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2003, 08:45:00 pm »

Are you sure it got stuck in infinite loop?

I just tried it again and hit the OK button 25 times with out it exiting.  I am guessing it's in a loop.

Looks like you are using VfW driver, not WDM driver.

I am not sure what driver it is but I do know it's not a WDM driver.  I did some digging at the Hauppauge Forum and found what looked like a WDM driver but from reading over there it looks like nobody could get it to work.  

1.16.11.20347 is the version of the PVR-350 Driver that I am using.  I don't know if that helps.  Please let me know if you need any more info.  It would be great if this would work in MC.  Plus I know alot of PVR users that are fed up with WinTV 2000 and if they had another program they could use I am sure they would use it.  

Thanks for your help,

rendec

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 09:40:15 pm »

Hello, i'm also a MC user with a Hauppauge win-tv PVR 350. It is true that it should be great to use MC with this card.

Of what i learn on the net, the problem with this TV card is that the chipset is not based on a bt8x8 but on the ITC15 Philips chipset.

For now there are not a lot of TV or VCR program that can recognise this chipset. I am not a programmer but i can give you a good site with all the informations for developpers who wants to use this chipset :

http://www.shspvr.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up