INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I setup remote control play of Mac Mini audio server wired to DAC [Solve  (Read 2135 times)

daidnik

• Recent member

I have got headless Mac Mini running MC25 wired to DAC.  I have MC25 win connecting to MC25 on the Mac, but I don't want to stream data from Mac Mini to remote clien, I want merely to Select; Start/Stop; Cue, etc the Mac Mini playback to the wired USB connection to the DAC.

The remote MC25 win client doesn't seem to be config'd to do this, but rather to 'pull' digital audio to the client.

Is there a way to config MC25 Server/Client to do what I want?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

The wiki has a topic on Remotes. Take a look at Tremote. Panel also.

daidnik

• Recent member

So there is not a way to config MC client to use the UI of MC and control the play on the 'server' to the server's wired O/P device?

Now that I've config'd the UI of MC and am accustomed to it, I don't really want to go thru another UI esp one that is trimmed down to function on a handheld device with less functionality.

I'm beginning to conclude that I will have to do screen sharing control of the Mac to do what I want.

Is this the case?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

So there is not a way to config MC client to use the UI of MC and control the play on the 'server' to the server's wired O/P device?
Please re-read what I suggested.

blgentry

I think what you are describing is exactly what TRemote does.  MC that you sit in front of "remote controls" another MC that you point it to.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tremote

The few times I tried it, it seemed to work well.

Brian.

daidnik

• Recent member

The subject "TRemote" is very lean on details.  I did look at a thread in the yabb.jriver forum, but it was a few years old and did not have much activity.

It would be helpful if there was some better definition of the intended meaning of the terminology.

From latest post, I infer that "TRemote" is a capability within MC.

I already have config'd Mac Mini as a server with MC and connected win machine with MC and see library in MC UI etc.  That's great. 

If I understand last post correctly, I merely need to select the Mac Mini as the 'Playing Now' device/venue and then I will be able to Start/Stop/Change what is playing on the Mac Mini to the DAC wired to it.

Is this correct?"

bob

• Administrator

The subject "TRemote" is very lean on details.  I did look at a thread in the yabb.jriver forum, but it was a few years old and did not have much activity.

It would be helpful if there was some better definition of the intended meaning of the terminology.

From latest post, I infer that "TRemote" is a capability within MC.

I already have config'd Mac Mini as a server with MC and connected win machine with MC and see library in MC UI etc.  That's great. 

If I understand last post correctly, I merely need to select the Mac Mini as the 'Playing Now' device/venue and then I will be able to Start/Stop/Change what is playing on the Mac Mini to the DAC wired to it.

Is this correct?"
Yes

daidnik

• Recent member

Just to follow up:

I did get Start/Stop/Change control of Mac Mini USB O/P to wired DAC from Win client running MC25 working using drag/drop to "There" in left hand pane in MC25.

Opening up "There" from win client shows status of cue, etc.

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen

Just to follow up:

I did get Start/Stop/Change control of Mac Mini USB O/P to wired DAC from Win client running MC25 working using drag/drop to "There" in left hand pane in MC25.

Opening up "There" from win client shows status of cue, etc.

I got the library from my mac mini but I can't control the mac mini ....my client didn't get the ability to control.....what am I doing wrong?

Update.....I started over and now it works.......
Pages: [1]   Go Up