INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: compilation CD download has created a new cover image for every one of the 67  (Read 696 times)

agelessgoodguy

• Recent member

I've got a compilation Cd set of 67 songs but the Library makes a separate cover image (of the exact same image too) for every song. Meaning I've got 67 identical images. I've tried moving songs into one set/image without success, any ideas or offerings appreciated please. Thank you.

agelessgoodguy

• Recent member

Thank you EnglishTiger, well done, Hope we beat you next round of the Ashes though, an Ozzy lad.

agelessgoodguy

• Recent member

When you say "set the Album name" how or where am I looking to carry out that action please ET? thanks in advance....

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

To "set the Album Name", what he means is change the Tag value of the [Album] tag.  To tag files:

Highlight the files in your album (all of them)
Edit > Tag (or press Alt-Enter)
You will see the Tag Action Window appear on the left.
Go find the tags you want to change.
Type in values

The two most important tags in this case are [Album] and [Album Artist] .  In compilation albums it's necessary to set the [Album Artist] to a common value.  I generally use "(Multiple Artists)" for compilations.  Other people use "Various Artists".  I like mine because it makes these appear first in an artist listing alphabetically (since it starts with open parenthesis).  If you use Various all of your compilations will sort under V when sorted alphabetically by Album Artist.

You can read more about this here:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_(Auto)

Brian.

agelessgoodguy

• Recent member

thanks Brian, on the task, will report back soon I hope.
Pages: [1]   Go Up