INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discogs script in MCUTIL bhaving badly  (Read 2004 times)

Absinthe

Discogs script in MCUTIL bhaving badly
« on: August 28, 2019, 12:46:17 pm »

I wasn't sure whether to post this under the MCUTIL thread or as a separate topic so apologies if its in the wrong place.  Having just gotten the MCUTIL package functional a few days ago, I was greeted by an anomaly yesterday as I underwent tagging my library.  The AMG script works fine in that it obtains the AMD Album ID from the highlighted tracks in MC.  This allows me to create a simple script file that I can execute via the "send to" link from within MC or execute from the command line via the specifications in the custom config file.  However, the discogs script no longer behaves this way.  if I execute the script from the command line, Im greeted with:

skipping file with empty Discogs Release ID:

The field Discogs Release ID is populated as I can see it from the attached image of the tag fields.  Have I somehow damaged the script?  or is there something else afoot here? ?  The workaround for now is to run the script using the --rid option either from the command line or pass the Discogs Release ID to the batch file using the Send To feature from within MC.  The problem with the latter is it creates so many calls to Discogs at one time that the site throttles the operation.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
Re: Discogs script in MCUTIL bhaving badly
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 01:21:28 pm »

This allows me to create a simple script file that I can execute via the "send to" link from within MC or execute from the command line via the specifications in the custom config file.

What was this script you created and why are you using the "send to" command?

What is the command you are running from the command line when get "skipping file with empty Discogs Release ID: "

I don't know if this would make any difference, but if your "Discogs Release ID" field setup as a string?

What does your config file look like for Discogs stuff (make sure to hide your password)

if you run discogs.pl -T -VV what's the output?

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 01:48:23 pm »

It appears to be working as expected to me

Absinthe

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 04:42:58 pm »

What was this script you created and why are you using the "send to" command?
The script is essentially an old style batch file.  It simply runs the perl command line for the discogs.pl script passing the rid parameter to the script.  Its a single line:

perl discogs.pl --include rid,genre,date,catalog,publisher,rating --rid %1

I use the Send To feature of MC to make it simpler and quicker to tag files from within MC rather than opening a command window.  I have a Send To option for AMG and Discogs.  See attached pic below

What is the command you are running from the command line when get "skipping file with empty Discogs Release ID: "
Its identical to the single line in the script file with the exception of the --rid %1 portion.

perl discogs.pl --include rid,genre,date,catalog,publisher,rating

I don't know if this would make any difference, but if your "Discogs Release ID" field setup as a string?
Verified its a string

What does your config file look like for Discogs stuff (make sure to hide your password)

MCUtils::Option: server = 10.0.0.70:52199      # IP:Port
MCUtils::Option: username = **********         # your Media Network username
MCUtils::Option: password = **********         # your Media Network password
MCUtils::Option: verbose = 1   

Amg::    Option: verbose = 1   
Amg::Option: urlfollow = +artisturl
Discogs::Option: include      = rid,genre,date,catalog,publisher,rating

if you run discogs.pl -T -VV what's the output?

skipping file with empty Discogs Release ID: \\ROO\media\Music\flac\Willie Nelson\You Don't Know Me_ the Songs of Cindy Walker\Bubbles in My Beer - Willie Nelson.flac

Sigh :(

Absinthe

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 04:51:14 pm »

OK, figured out the problem.  It seems somewhere in the past few days while I was working my way through MCUTILs I set up the Discogs Release ID with the actual name Discogs ID.  The Display name was Discogs Release ID so it didn't show up as a problem in the tags list but given the actual name was incorrect (and didn't match the display name) the script couldn't find the release ID.

Problem solved, I hope others are benefitting from my mistakes!! ;)

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 04:54:22 pm »

Woot, glad you got it figured out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up