INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-T and streaming  (Read 714 times)

uanmi

DVB-T and streaming
« on: September 02, 2019, 06:48:27 am »

Hi, I currently use NextPVR and Kodi with an AverMedia dual DVB-T board. I can watch television from PCs or my phone (android) on the LAN. I'm looking at JRiver again and would like to know if I can get the same solution. I would like to be able to watch live television from other devices on my LAN (and on the PC that has JRiver) and to watch any recordings that I've made.

Appreciate this may be a FAQ, but I need to be clear about JRiver's capabilities before purchase.

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DVB-T and streaming
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 10:07:45 pm »

I use cablecard and I have MC configured as a client server model.  I can watch TV on any client pc from the server.  Movies, tv shows, etc. Work the same way. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DVB-T and streaming
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 11:21:35 pm »

Playing Live TV is still problematic on an Android phone, I believe.

Gizmo, Panel, and MO 4Media can play any video, including recorded TV. But can't play Live TV. I think JRemote on Android is the same. In fact, I think the only devices that can play Live TV are devices running JRiver MC.

JRiver for Android is still a server product only, which runs on an Android device, but not Android TV yet. So it can't connect to your MC Server that has a tuner and play anything. It imports local media files and serves them to itself or other devices.

MO 4Media can run on Android TV, but I havent' looked at its capabilities.

So basically that leaves Live TV only on Windows MC Clients, such as a PC or Windows tablet running MC. I'm pretty sure MC on Mac and Linux don't support TV yet.

MC does have a fully functional 30 day trial, which you could try. But for this issue I think a search of the forum would find answers, consistent with above.

Playing Live TV on my Android phone isn't a priority for me, so I could be out of date on the above. I would be happy to be shown to be wrong.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up