INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User manual for JRiver for Android  (Read 1583 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
User manual for JRiver for Android
« on: September 09, 2019, 05:38:24 am »

Hi,

Is there a basic user manual somewhere for JRiver for Android? I can't find anything in the Wiki.

I tried installing it back in June to play some local files on my phone (Huawei P20 Pro) but I couldn't find the audio files in JfA. I couldn't find a way to browse the phone memory for files, and scanning the phone for media just imported 100s of files I didn't want in my library, but I still couldn't find any of the files I wanted to play.

By the way, this phone only has internal memory, no memory card support.

If there's no official manual, can anyone go through the process and make some screenshots maybe?

I do not have the app in my phone now, since I couldn't make it work I got a refund from Google Play. That means next time I won't be able to get a refund (only possible once), so I wanna make sure it can do what I need - import the local music/podcast/video files on my phone's internal memory I want to play and not the 100s of small audio, video and image files that I don't want to import.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: User manual for JRiver for Android
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 06:53:45 am »

It imports automatically.  There's no manual.  The thread that announced it has instructions.

audunth

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 01:44:25 pm »

Yeah, it imported automatically, but not the files I wanted to play. And I couldn't find a way of browsing for them either. Is it not possible yet to open a file browser within JRiver and go to the folder where my files are and import those files or that folder?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 02:38:03 pm »

It's not possible yet, but there are improvements planned for importing. For now, it should automatically import from the default Music folder on the internal storage card.

elo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 08:18:35 am »

Installed the APP today with high expectations , after all a J River Product. AFter 10min I pressed the refund button. The reason is that it is totally useless for me since all my media material is on my "extra" SD card. Further I never use the default locations to store mymedia under Android.

What I was looking for was a possibility to use the App through my TV Streamer system which is running on a Android TV based bokx with the opportunity to instal apps (very similar to Apple TV but running Android TV). Ih/when this is working I can access my big video collection in a seamless manner with watching TV. This will increase usability for the family as they (other than me) find is cumbersome to have to switch to the PC. I am sure that such possibility would increase the J Rivers footprint in the market considerably and take another important necessary step into the dominant trend of streaming media

Perhaps I was to quick which I really hope meaning that any correction to my statements above would be appreciated...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 08:39:20 am »

It doesn't import from external cards at this time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up