INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neil Young's book reviewed at Audiophile Style  (Read 2040 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Neil Young's book reviewed at Audiophile Style
« on: September 10, 2019, 06:27:40 pm »

It's called To Feel the Music, and it's just out.  Chris Connaker at audiophilestyle.com reviewed it here:

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/book-review-neil-youngs-to-feel-the-music-a-songwriters-mission-to-save-high-quality-audio-r834/

JRiver got a nice mention in the book.

chericaplanellery

• Recent member
Re: Neil Young's book reviewed at Audiophile Style
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 08:26:13 am »

I will be reading the book soon. "To Feel the Music". Good to see this review here. Thanks and glad for JRiver to get a good mention. I can imagine there was a lot of software support needed from mainstream music lovers with not much experience with computers and how the hardware and software work, etc.  I use JRiver software and still have a lot to learn but I manage to move my albums on and off the Pono player pretty easily and with patience. I listen to my Pono player almost daily. it takes awhile to download files and transfer them to the player but it's worth it to have my own portable music library and I choose what I want to listen to (albums not songs is what I prefer) and it sounds great with my Shure earphones. Although I have a lot of CD's I ripped, I much prefer to listen to the 24bit albums I bought and I find myself listening to them over and over rather than to listen to a CD rip. Then with NYA (Neilyoungarchives) I think Orastream is great for streaming. It may take an extra second for an album to start, but there isn't buffering much at all and it sounds great. I hope other musicians follow suit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up