INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo control?  (Read 688 times)

jwilson56

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Gizmo control?
« on: September 19, 2019, 10:55:46 pm »

Is it possible to use Gizmo on my phone to control MC on my Android tablet?
Now Playing skin creator - NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total

Visit My Nowplaying Blog

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo control?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 11:23:33 pm »

Interesting question. Did you try it?

Previously the answer was no. However I just ran JRiver for Android on my phone, and then started Gizmo on the same phone, connected to JR for Android, and was able to start playback on it. However, Gizmo did crash when I tried to view Playing Now, so there may be some issues.

Try it. The Access Key for the JR for Android Library is visible in the "Settings > Library" tab in JR for Android. Just try connecting Gizmo to that Library using the Access Key method from your phone.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo control?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 06:59:33 am »

jwilson56,
RoderickGI's answer is correct.  It will work with JRiver for Android.

RoderickGI,
I changed "MC for Android" to "JRiver for Android" above.  Thanks for your testing and answer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up