INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When only Media server is running it also shows on the taskbar?  (Read 1044 times)

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
When only Media server is running it also shows on the taskbar?
« on: October 06, 2019, 07:28:56 am »

Running latest MC25 on W7 in my living room. Lately I have a problem that MC is showing as running in the taskbar when only JR Media server is running but MC is _not_. If I close JR Media server MC immediately closes in the taskbar. I tried the "minimize to systray" option but that only changed the behaviour when MC _is_ running, and my problem is when it is _not_ running.

Seems this behaviour came with an updated version of MC25? Or is it some setting I've set wrong? I really searched in settings but couldn't find anything.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: When only Media server is running it also shows on the taskbar?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 07:34:58 am »

Please update to 25.0.113.  It's on the Download Page.

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 08:48:58 am »

Ah! I was on 108. I looked at this a few days ago. Looks like 113 fixed it, thanks!

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 08:18:02 am »

Odd. This problem recently resurfaced.

I'm on 25.0.114

When shutting MC down it sometimes stays active in the taskbar exactly like I described in the initial post.

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 03:41:29 am »

No idea why this can be? I really have no idea where to look further into this.

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 05:37:12 am »

- When I shut down MC it temporarily disappears from the taskbar (the server is still in the systray) but after a few seconds it reappears in the taskbar!

- If I click on MC in the taskbar nothing happens

- I can't shut MC down when it's in the taskbar like this. Either hovering over it in the taskbar and then clicking the X in the small preview nothing happens.  Or if I right click on it on the taskbar and then click Close Window nothing happens. It's still stuck there.

- Even though clicking on MC in the taskbar will NOT make MC show up on the screen, oddly enough right clicking and then clicking on the program title it WILL show up on the screen

Might be important info... or not: I run MC in Theatre mode. I always shut it down by ALT-F4 twice, first shuts down Theatre mode, second shuts down MC.

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 11:19:15 am »

No ideas anyone?

I have a problem seeing this as being a user error?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 05:00:59 pm »

Well, it sounds more like a Windows error than a User error. It could be if you have some application installed on Windows that manages the Taskbar, Start Menu, or some other aspect of Windows, that software is interfering with the icon on the Taskbar.

How do you launch MC? From an icon on the Taskbar? That's what I do. I've never seen what you are describing, and I use an icon on the Taskbar to launch it. When I close MC and leave the Media Server running, the icon on the Taskbar changes functionality, no longer showing a preview of MC when I hover over it, but showing the link to launch MC and the "Unpin from taskbar" option.

If you do have an icon on the Taskbar to launch MC, then I suggest that you unpin it from there and launch MC using the Start Menu or an icon on the Desktop. Reboot after removing the Taskbar icon. If the problem persists, inspect the properties of the icon/shortcut you are using to launch MC and see if there is something strange about it.

It sort of sounds like the icon on the Taskbar actually represents the Media Server, and not MC itself. That could happen if the icon/shortcut you are using to launch MC has a command-line switch to start Media Server, such as "/MediaServer".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 04:01:43 am »

Thanks!!!!

I'll double check and try your suggestions!
Pages: [1]   Go Up