INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac OS Mojave with Raspberry Pi Endpoint - Audio Always Loops/Stops  (Read 1950 times)

johnnypaddock

• Recent member

Hello,

I'm a long time JRiver user currently running MC 24 (version 24.0.78 64-bit) on a 2012 Mac Mini, sending to a dedicated Raspberry Pi (Volumio OS) computer as a renderer. This has always worked perfectly for me with Mojave OS until I installed version 10.14.6 a few days ago. Since then I've run into a serious issue. Anytime I play music, things start out working perfectly. However within an hour or two, MC gets stuck looping a 5 second section of music a few times, and no audio comes out. Once this happens I can't get it to play anything and I have to restart the computer.

This happens on all types of FLAC files with different bitrates. I don't currently play DSD files, and I've never had any issues with dropouts/hiccups at all. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling MC 24 this morning with no luck.

I've attached an error log, along with a benchmark. I've never done this before, so if I'm doing anything wrong with my post here please let me know. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Mac OS Mojave with Raspberry Pi Endpoint - Audio Always Loops/Stops
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 06:54:03 am »

I assume you tried powering everything down and back up.

If you haven't changed MC, then it's probably not there.

Can you back out the OS upgrade?

johnnypaddock

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 07:07:03 am »

Thanks for your reply. I have tried powering everything down and back on. I will try going back to the last version of Mojave. I haven't done that in the past, but it's worth a shot.

johnnypaddock

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 05:41:27 pm »

I've tried a few more times powering everything down, and I realized I hadn't reset my router. I tried that last night. This time, JRiver played for over 12 hours before freezing.

I looked into backing out of the most recent Mojave OS install but that doesn't seem to be an option. Do you think this issue is something that MC 25 would fix? I have no clue how to interpret the error log. Are there any settings that I should consider changing? I'd much rather stay with JRiver instead of going with Roon or Audirvana, but this is driving me insane. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

johnnypaddock

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 08:28:11 am »

Just to give it a try, I downloaded MC 25 last night and scanned my library from scratch. This morning I was able to play to the Raspberry Pi pretty easily, so I set it up to play all day. I'll see if playback freezes, but hopefully my issue is cleared up with the new version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up