INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC26 feature...  (Read 2857 times)

ZZTop

• Recent member
MC26 feature...
« on: October 26, 2019, 02:47:02 am »

Hello
can I save individual DSP (Equalizer) settings for each Album/Song witch will be automaticaly loaded at playback?
Some Albums have too much bass, others are too bright.....

greetz
US

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC26 feature...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 06:59:53 am »

ZZTop

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 01:56:21 am »

Thank you for your support.
But this is not my question. It is not about Zones.
Will it be possible to automaticaly load presets, individual for the Album / song?
greetz
ZZ

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 03:18:42 am »

I think you can set DSP tag for every file. Haven't used that so I don't remember the specifics

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 04:02:48 am »

Yep.
Create DSP Presets using the Load/Save feature in the bottom right corner of the DSP dialogue.
Add the named DSP Preset to the DSP field for the files you want to use it for. This is a track by track setting, and can't be set by Album. But it can be set on mass by selecting multiple tracks and then setting the field.

Just note that MC doesn't reset back to a default DSP Preset after you have changed the DSP setting by doing the above. In effect this means that if you want to use the DSP Preset and field method, you have to do it for all your files, not just a few. Otherwise once a DSP Preset is selected it will be used for all following files, unless one of those files has a different value in the DSP field. You can sort of get around that by having all files set to a default DSP Preset, including new files imported into MC using "tag on Import" rules, but that is a bit of work initially.

Generally using Zones is a better solution.
Just work out which files need which type of DSP adjustments.
Create a way to identify which files need which adjustments, such as adding a custom field. You might be able to use the DSP field for this if you haven't created any DSP Presets. I'm not sure.
Create a Zone with the required DSP adjustments.
Set up Zoneswitch to select the correct Zone for the specific files. Zoneswitch can switch back to the default Zone when a file doesn't require specific DSP adjustments.

PS: Want more information?
Search the forum and Wiki for "DSP Preset" and "DSP field" or "DSP tag".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

rec head

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 10:27:50 pm »

I think I remember when this option came out and was excited to try it. It is not a great implementation of what would be a great tool. I never bothered trying it again after the initial frustration. Clicking on this thread I was hoping that it was working in a more simple manner.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 12:12:54 am »

Thinking about it more, you might be able to combine Zoneswitch with the DSP field to create a better solution.

i.e.
If the DSP field is not empty, switch to a Zone that has base DSP settings which will then be modified by the DSP field value.
If he DSP field is empty, switch to the default Zone which has standard DSP settings used for most audio files.

That could work, if Zoneswitch is activated before the DSP field settings.

Why don't you give that a try ZZTop and Rec Head, and report if that works better?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ZZTop

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 07:46:02 am »

Thank you for the answer. I will try this.
I always was thinking "Zones" is used for multiroom play in different rooms/zones....
First I will find out what it is exactly   ::)
Thanks again!

greetz
ZZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up