INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Touch Scrolling  (Read 1784 times)

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
Touch Scrolling
« on: October 28, 2019, 04:33:56 pm »

It's worth mentioning that the lists in Media Center are already registering for touch input and should scroll nicely as you flick.  We have done some work on touch.

Unfortunately, it doesn't. It sometimes scrolls, it sometimes gets 'stuck' and at other times it makes single or multiple selections. It's *super* dependent on how you initiate the scroll - so much so that, as with the other discussions we've had here, I thought it wasn't touch aware. (And that's even without of course mentioning the current UX vs finger use)

It also appears to be machine capability dependent - i.e. it seems to use up quite a bit of power.

I finally did get MC25 working on am 8Gb/128GbNVMe Go for example (not sure what was making it not work before on my first couple of tries a few months back - nothing's changed bar Windows Updates since then) and it does all of the above completely unusably frequently, while it does it enough to be highly questionable for use at best on the Yoga X1.

Either way, it doesn't work as reliably as present day hybrid use aware applications - and it's one of those things that if the first attempt doesn't yield the expected result straight away, it's not usable... just like some of those terrible trackpads of machines of 15~20 years ago where none of the 'gestures' would actually work and you just had to turn them off.

Mikhail

• Recent member
Re: Touch Scrolling
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 02:51:55 am »

Support!
JRiver needs a touch control to scroll through the lists in the standard form. Selection mode is not used so often that it would be to leave it as the default content to scroll through the motions. It is always possible to add checkboxes for multiple selection, so as no one prohibits the use of the standard keyboard shortcuts for selecting objects in the window with the mouse or pen.
Unfortunately Theater view is not very convenient for those who listen to great music collection.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 06:05:09 am »

For touch control,  try Panel.  Or use another MC remote like JRemote or Gizmo.

TristanG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 02:55:41 pm »

I really love MC since more than 10 years - it's great!
Since the Microsoft Surfaces / Surface Books are available, I purchase them round about all 3 years, especially because of the pencil, which can also be used for touch-inputs of course. Therefore it would really be more than a nice to have the option to scroll with the pen in MCs standard view like in Windows 11 File Explorer - there you can scroll fluently through the file lists!
Best regards from Germany,
TristanG
Pages: [1]   Go Up