INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote not playing to "this device"  (Read 1124 times)

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
JRemote not playing to "this device"
« on: October 30, 2019, 06:04:28 am »

I have been trying to use JRemote (v21.0.2) for music playback on my mobile phone (Android 9) over network from my (MC25) home server. Both external wifi/mobile network and internal wifi. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, and I am not able to see a pattern.

Typical scenario: JRemote connects to my server, that always works, and I can browse my music collection. When I start playback of an album or a song, it may or may not start (seems random). If it starts, it plays the playlist to end if not interrupted by me. But then I click "play now" or "play next" on some other album/song, nothing usually happens, it says "nothing is currently playing". Doesn't matter if I restart the app. Restarting makes JRemote connet to the server again, but not possible to play anything.

BTW, I see this issue always when trying to view photos (I have reported this several times before and for years, but nothing happens in JRemote development, so just for reference).

Any ideas?

Trumpetguy

Re: JRemote not playing to "this device"
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 02:52:04 am »

*bump*

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 02:58:15 am »

I've not had any issues with JRemote local playback, that sounds weird.
But we're in the process of preparing an entirely new version of JRemote for Android, which has a entirely re-written core, so hopefully it'll be more stable in general.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 02:59:05 am »

We have a new version of JRemote for Android coming.

It's JRemote2.  It won't be a free update.  There should be a beta test in the next couple of weeks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up