INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming options via Gizmo  (Read 745 times)

joetiii

• World Citizen
Streaming options via Gizmo
« on: November 04, 2019, 01:17:55 pm »

Played around with Gizmo today and trying to set up the app so I can select a few different music streaming services I like to listen to. I looked into changing the display in media server options. hoping I could add the station to the Car Radio, but no luck. Anybody know how I can get a few different stations on my Gizmo app?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Streaming optionsn via Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 03:46:52 pm »

You may be able to play it on the server, right click on it and save as a playlist. 

joetiii

• World Citizen
Re: Streaming options via Gizmo
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 09:38:14 am »

Well I was able to click on it and drag to a new playlist. Funny thing is when I click the icon in playlist, it will play about 20-30 minutes of the Radio paradise and then it begins repeating itself.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 04:56:05 pm »

.. when I click the icon in playlist, it will play about 20-30 minutes of the Radio paradise and then it begins repeating itself.

A “stream” is essentially a file of infinite length. The UPNP standard is based on playing files of finite length. So at some point your infinite length (stream) file will have delivered more bytes than the maximum Content-Length of the UPNP HTTP specification. At which point either the client or the server will drop the connection. And that causes the system to retry from the start again..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 07:05:13 pm »

A “stream” is essentially a file of infinite length. The UPNP standard is based on playing files of finite length. So at some point your infinite length (stream) file will have delivered more bytes than the maximum Content-Length of the UPNP HTTP specification. At which point either the client or the server will drop the connection. And that causes the system to retry from the start again..

So if I understand you correctly, I can not put a music stream in a playlist and expect it to continue to play infinitum..... For I am able to play this station on its own without it resetting itself every 20-30 minutes.

Would you know a way I can get my streaming stations to be selected from Gizmo rather than have to go into my computer room and select it from Media Center?
Pages: [1]   Go Up