INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: option to use "/" instead of "\" for handheld sync of playlists  (Read 815 times)

iggies

• Recent member

This addition will be greatly appreciated.  At this time, I can't sync playlists to my pixel 2XL phone directly with MC.

Cheers

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I think MC handles the translation internally. You can also try escaping the forward slash with a backward slash "\/".

iggies

• Recent member

Thanks Bryan for the reply.  That's an interesting idea but I don't think that expressions are allowed in the handheld sync section.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team

I sync music all the time to my Oneplus 6T, I can't imagine the Pixel is much different (granted I normally sync from linux so the directory separator is the same).

What error are you running into, exactly?

iggies

• Recent member

On windows, MC saves the content of the m3u playlist as ..\Music\[album artist]\[album]\[song]

My Pixel cannot read the playlist with "\".  As a work around, I use Notepad++ on my PC to replace all "\" with "/".

Once, the playlist's content is ../Music/[album artist]/[album]/[song], the pixel recognizes the playlist.

On a side note, it never occurred to me to try the Linux version.  I do have a master licence so I'll spin up a Linux version this weekend and see if I can properly sync the playlists.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team

Have you tried changing the Audio Path in the handheld sync options and manually inserting forward slashes? Make sure you are using relative paths for the playlist format.

This is how mine is configured on Linux:
Code: [Select]
[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\/
You could play around with the slashes (for instance I don't know why the default MC audio path has backwards and escaped slashes, this has always been a puzzle to me, but it works so I forget about it).

Otherwise I would just passthrough to the Linux version in a VM. If you are really stuck on Windows then you could be adventurous and try getting MC to run on the WSL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up