INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android 25.0.118 -- Available Here  (Read 1999 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver for Android 25.0.118 -- Available Here
« on: November 06, 2019, 08:15:51 am »

Preview build 25.0.118 is available on the Play Store
This is a new build of JRiver for Android.  Please post bugs here.

Please use this thread for discussion.

Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Play Store Download
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jriver.mediacenter

25.0.118 (11/4/2019)

1. NEW: JRiver for Android now supports Android TV
2. Fixed: JRiver for Android could crash at start-up on Android 5.
3. Changed: Made some improvements to the Audio Manager handling of focus change.
4. Changed: Made some improvements to the media session for updating metadata.

25.0.117 (10/28/2019)

1. Fixed: There was a possible crash when updating the media session if nothing was playing.

25.0.116 (10/15/2019)

1. Fixed: Getting a stack image for a folder would cause a crash if the folder was empty.
2. Fixed: Changes in Android 10 were causing crashes.

25.0.95 (8/23/2019)

1. Changed: Panel - Improved the performance when browsing categories.
2. NEW: Panel - Added a last action option to the top of the file context menu.
3. Changed: Panel - The Cloudplay playlists section will render much faster.
4. Changed: Panel - The Cloudplay playlists button will show up after the list of playlists has finished loading.
5. Fixed: Panel - The Cloudplay token could become invalid, but Panel would still think it was valid.
6. Changed: Panel - Removed the sign out button from the Cloudplay page now that the issue with invalid tokens is fixed.
7. Changed: Panel - The additional playback controls menu will now hide after making a selection.
8. Fixed: Panel - Clearing the playing now list when it was empty would cause a crash.
9. Fixed: Panel - The playback state would sometimes get set incorrectly when playing to a zone other than the browser.
10. Changed: Panel - The Playlists button on the Cloudplay page now shows as loading until it receives the list of Cloudplay playlists.
11. NEW: Panel - Added lists for latest and popular Cloudplay playlists to the Cloudplay page.
12. Changed: Panel - The volume slider will display the current volume level when actively using it or when hovering over it.
13. Changed: Panel - When actively using the main thumbnail page slider, the display showing the letter selected will be in the center of the page.
14. Changed: Panel - Cloudplay favorites and all playlists are sorted alphabetically.
15. Changed: Panel - If accessing the Cloudplay page when playing to the browser, the user will be redirected to the home page with a message.
16. Changed: Panel - On the Cloudplay page, only one list can be expanded at a time. Expanding a new list will collapse the previous list.

25.0.88 (8/6/2019)

1. NEW: Starting to implement Media Session to allow playback control from other devices.
2. NEW: Added some improvements to the handling of data and control over Bluetooth.
3. Changed: The notification window was sometimes collapsed by default.

25.0.85 (7/30/2019)

1. Fixed: Possible crash when closing the notification window.
2. Fixed: Cover art was not displaying in the notification window.
3. Fixed: Panel - Cover art was not loading when playing certain streams, like Radio Paradise.
4. Changed: JRiver for Android will start if the initial permission request is denied, but it will display a warning.
5. Fixed: JRiver for Android will not display a broken page link during the initial permission request.

25.0.84 (7/26/2019)

1. Fixed: JRiver for Android was crashing when starting up.

25.0.83 (7/25/2019)

1. NEW: Implemented 32-bit and 64-bit versions of JRiver for Android. The Play store should automatically select and install the appropriate version.
2. Changed: Panel - Added a sign out button to the Cloudplay page.

25.0.80 (7/22/2019)

1. NEW: Panel - Added Cloudplay to JRiver for Android.
2. NEW: Panel - Added a button to the Settings page, in the Library tab, to run auto-import.
3. NEW: Panel - Added a button to the Playing Now page menu that will swap the slider between volume and playback if only one is displayed.
4. NEW: Panel - Added an option to clear the playing now list in the options menu on the playing now page.
5. Changed: Panel - Changed the Information tab title on the Settings page to Library.
6. NEW: Added SSL support to JRiver for Android so streaming options (i.e. Radio Paradise, Cloudplay) should work now.

25.0.45 (5/31/2019)

1. NEW: Added support for playing images to the local player zone.

BradATIMA

Re: JRiver for Android 25.0.118 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 08:29:28 am »

The Android TV version is still an early version with a lot of work planned.

A couple of things on the short list are:
 - Get video working
 - Improve import to access network storage as well
 - Get JRiver for Android to show up as a DLNA renderer again

The UI can be a be limited in its current state. Remotes (Gizmo, JRemote, Panel, etc.) should be supported, and they will offer more functionality.

rec head

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 09:03:45 am »

I tried MC on my Shield and it looks good. I didn't import anything but wanted to see what it looks like. If I can figure out how to get the Shield to connect to my NAS I'll import some audio just to try it but I'm only interested in using it as a client for video. Overall I was happy with what I saw.

Only complaint was the background image. On the plus side I knew for sure that I was using MC. On the down side that image has just been around so long on MC.

I'm really excited for future development.

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 09:13:07 am »

Getting it to import from network storage is high on the list, so hopefully it will be implemented soon. Right now, getting video working and loading a library server are at the top of the list. The backgrounds need some work as well. They will likely change as the UI is improved.

rec head

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 03:24:09 pm »

I still don't have any media loaded but was clicking around the interface just to check it out. It looks like you basically copied the Android TV interface that I have on my Shield. It is easy to use and the more you stick to what the Android TV looks like the less people can complain. Or I should say when they do you just say that you keep inline with the Android experience. Change the background and at least people can't say it doesn't look "modern" like they do with regular theater view.

I really like where this is going.

Soundcheck

• Recent member
Auto Import
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 12:16:40 pm »

Just added some music files to my Samsung S10+. Started AutoImport on JRiver for Android. No Progress Bar. I would say the system hangs.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 01:39:32 pm »

Just let it run.

Soundcheck

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 01:44:47 pm »

Just let it run.

No - that hung, but i killed the app and startet and music has been imported. Do you have any idea how to transfer the library information from JRiver MC to the app. Unfortunately MC doesnt store all tags in the file. And i would also love to have my playlists on the app.

BradATIMA

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 03:43:20 pm »

For now, it can't be done, but there are plans to expand on library handling, just no timeline on it.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 01:33:08 pm »

I saw jriver in the play store for my shield the other day. My biggest concern since most of us use jriver for high quality audio.

Will you guys seek to get bit perfect audio? Android by default likes to upsample standard 44.1khz flac to 48khz. Which makes
a device like the Shield a bit of a bummer for those that care about audio.

This problem can be overcome, I say that because mrmc with some settings adjusted is able to output flac and high res flac and the
proper specs. Hoping jriver can get this sorted out.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 11:34:34 pm »

I'm getting crashes again on android 10, pixel 3.

I uninstalled and reinstalled.  The new install will now play local files (this is where it was crashing before).  When I access radio jriver or cloud play, the app closes.  I don't even need to play anything in there.  Just tapping the icon causes it to close.

stevem87

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 05:52:00 am »

Does this app bypass the Android audio engine so it can take advantage of the dac on the lg v50? Also, I've seen complaints about playlists not playing correctly when imported from the desktop version. Is that fixed?
Pages: [1]   Go Up