INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Showing Folders Outside the Media Folder  (Read 1708 times)

DonP

• Junior Woodchuck
Showing Folders Outside the Media Folder
« on: November 07, 2019, 02:33:25 pm »

It seems that Media Center has taken the liberty to search through every nook and cranny of my network rather than just looking in the folder it is pointed to.  How can this be stopped and all "excess" files removed from it?  This is unexpected and undesired behavior!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Showing Folders Outside the Media Folder
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 03:19:14 pm »

Configure auto import.  Tools > Options > Import...

DonP

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 04:20:18 pm »

I see no such folder but I do see Tools->Options->Library & Folders. Is that what you meant? In it I see it is pointing to folders all over my hard drive network that I did not tell it to look at and I see no facility there to remove them. When I set it up a few days ago, I pointed it only to a single folder and its subfolders which is the only place it should be looking so its not clear why it is looking anywhere else!

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 05:42:39 pm »

I see no such folder but I do see Tools->Options->Library & Folders. Is that what you meant? In it I see it is pointing to folders all over my hard drive network that I did not tell it to look at and I see no facility there to remove them. When I set it up a few days ago, I pointed it only to a single folder and its subfolders which is the only place it should be looking so its not clear why it is looking anywhere else!

You can remove them by selecting them and clicking the large remove button on the right hand side of the dialog.  When JRiver first runs it automatically runs a one-time search to see where there might be media files.  There's a countdown in the lower left hand corner, but it's easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

If you want to avoid anything like that happening again, uncheck auto-import on empty libraries.  If you don't want anything to happen automatically, uncheck auto-import in the background.  Then there should be no automatic importing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up