INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no attachments like PDF in JRiver for Linux? [Solved]  (Read 1706 times)

maky100

• World Citizen
no attachments like PDF in JRiver for Linux? [Solved]
« on: November 08, 2019, 12:38:13 pm »

Hi,
I have done a switch from Windows 10 to mint today. All files are on a NAS drive. As I can see all Audiofiles I have tried are working  correct after changing the path with the database tools.
Coverart is always in Album Folder as folder.jpg. Most of the are here, but not all.
I have also some booklets in PDF format inside the album folder. It was perfect to show them on my iPad using JRemote und the Win 10 instalation. Does this not work in Linux? No pdf or picture file like back cover will be shown in JRemote? Also an autoimport of the whole NAS folder does not help. All checkboxes for pictures and data are set.

edit:
tried another JRiver Linux installation on a notebook. Made a new import of a small part of the database above and there I can see all attachments as backcover pdfs etc.
So it seems that the path is correct for Audio files only. Any idea what I can do now to get all attachments back?

edit2:
sorry people but that's absolut confusing: to my main problem the attachments: I have tried to import a single folder (a small part of my whole collection) again. After that JRiver says to me in the summary, that a lot of files are new and shows me all missing back covers and PDF files in the summary list. Checking it in JRemote they are still missing. WHY ?? Yes JRiver and JRemote are new started.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: no attachments like PDF in JRiver for Linux?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 04:02:11 pm »

Hi,
I have done a switch from Windows 10 to mint today. All files are on a NAS drive. As I can see all Audiofiles I have tried are working  correct after changing the path with the database tools.
Coverart is always in Album Folder as folder.jpg. Most of the are here, but not all.
I have also some booklets in PDF format inside the album folder. It was perfect to show them on my iPad using JRemote und the Win 10 instalation. Does this not work in Linux? No pdf or picture file like back cover will be shown in JRemote? Also an autoimport of the whole NAS folder does not help. All checkboxes for pictures and data are set.

edit:
tried another JRiver Linux installation on a notebook. Made a new import of a small part of the database above and there I can see all attachments as backcover pdfs etc.
So it seems that the path is correct for Audio files only. Any idea what I can do now to get all attachments back?

edit2:
sorry people but that's absolut confusing: to my main problem the attachments: I have tried to import a single folder (a small part of my whole collection) again. After that JRiver says to me in the summary, that a lot of files are new and shows me all missing back covers and PDF files in the summary list. Checking it in JRemote they are still missing. WHY ?? Yes JRiver and JRemote are new started.
The pdf assets should show up in JRemote.
Do you have data support enabled in the general options in MC?
If so and it's still not working, what are some of the pathnames of the files that don't work?

maky100

• World Citizen
Re: no attachments like PDF in JRiver for Linux?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 04:27:18 pm »

Sorry I have forgotten to write that it is working in the meantime. The path of these files were not migrated correct.

.... but I switched back to Windows 10. I am using an Intel Nuc I3, 8GB Ram, SSD. Only 4 screws to open is needed to change the SSDs. One with Windows 10 and JRiver (latest version), one with Linux Mint and JRiver (latest version). My collection has about 80000 tracks and the Linux version is so much slower than Windows version, which performs absolut smooth that there were no reason to stay with Linux.
Pages: [1]   Go Up