INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image files in audio playlist  (Read 720 times)

Batay

Image files in audio playlist
« on: November 12, 2019, 03:20:53 pm »

Hello, I'm trying your software and I couldn't find an answer to my simple problem on wiki. I have different music folders on my desktop and I will delete the folders after elimination. So I don't want to import them into "the library". But my folders have lots of scanned artwork and whenever I drag&drop a folder or right-click and select "add to playing now", my music playlist is filled with jpg files, too. Where is the setting to make the audio player to recognize only audio extensions? Thank you.

Batay

Re: Image files in audio playlist
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 07:35:59 am »

So, what I understand is that a "media player" can not filter non-audio file-types among audio files if you just drag them to a player without importing.  :o ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 07:49:49 am »

The problem with computers is that they do exactly what you tell them.

Select the audio files only.

or

Import them (even to a test library) and delete them afteward.

Batay

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 03:50:19 am »

The problem with computers is that they do exactly what you tell them.

Select the audio files only.

or

Import them (even to a test library) and delete them afteward.

Nah, you are confused. It's the software. They do what their "developers" make them do and reflect their competence. It's medieval to not to think a hassle-free drag and drop available for audio files, but then again, I have checked your so-called help pages. Astonishing how people would pay even a dime for an obvious 10-months subscription fees with almost no improvement and support. Good luck.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 07:39:11 am »

I don't think I've been called medieval before.  Or "developer".

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 04:25:45 pm »

I thought her insults were pretty creative actually. Not a reasonable response at all, particularly when evaluating a Media Center rather than a simple audio player, but creative.

BTW, she didn't try very hard to make it work, as the simple solution is to allow the image files to appear in Playing Now, then press Play, and they will all be removed. Only the audio files will play, although MC may try to play some unknown file types, such as Thumbs.db.

I tried this both with and without the "Image Support" feature turned on. It worked the same both ways.

Don't you love it when someone who can't work out or understand how to use the software turns to judgements, anger and insults so quickly?!  ::) No wonder the world is full of conflict.  :(
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up