INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Centre 19 - Need Help with Presonus Sound Card  (Read 471 times)

Ian1eh

Media Centre 19 - Need Help with Presonus Sound Card
« on: November 14, 2019, 09:21:00 am »

Hi There,

I just installed OS X El Capitan on my MAC, and when I tried to play some FLAC files in my Media Centre, through my sound card, I got the following error:

Playback could not be started on the output "Core Audio" using the format 44.1Khz 2ch. 

This output format may not be supported by our hardware. You can use DSP Studio to change the output to an acceptable format.

Also make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in Playback Options.

My sound card is a device by Presonus called the "Firestudio Mobile".  I went to the Presonus website, and I read about the need to update my control file (i.e., to V1.7.6)

I then un-installed the existing drivers, re-installed the most recent one (i.e., V1.7.6), and re-started my MAC to save the changes.

I then went into JRiver Media Centre and tried to play a FLAC music file......But I was still unable to.....I received the same error message as outlined above.

I tried to then look in the "DSP Studio" and "Playback Options" folders in JRiver......but I cannot find where I need to select a sound card......

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for your help!!!  :)
Ian

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Centre 19 - Need Help with Presonus Sound Card
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 09:47:04 am »

You can select a sound device under Options > Audio.  There is an audio setup topic on our wiki.

But the error message tells you what to do. 

Ian1eh

Re: Media Centre 19 - Need Help with Presonus Sound Card
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 09:58:17 am »

Hi Jim,

I googled the exact error message details and FOUND a fix!!!  :)

I simply went into the "Playback" folder, and did the following:
- Selected "DSP Studio"
- Selected "None" as the Output Encoding option
- Selected "96000Hz" from the list as the Sample Rate option

I then re-started the Media Centre application, and VIOLA!!!!!!  :)

Its working......if there is a more "correct" way to fix this, let me know....

Thanks!!
Ian
Pages: [1]   Go Up