INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Conversions  (Read 433 times)

cupboy

• Junior Woodchuck
File Conversions
« on: November 14, 2019, 08:13:18 pm »

The File Conversions screen shows the source files and location, but where can the converted files be found?

update: After doing a web search I found a way to find newly created files and there were 4 copies of this Doors album all made today. Somehow the files end up in a Simon and Garfunkel folder. I have no idea why and that's not a folder where I would expect to find Doors music.

Suggestion for a future update: Show not only the source files on the File Conversions screen but also the newly created files including the full path. Any other software would be doing this already. With all the emphasis on video (which I don't use), audio seems to be getting ignored.

jeraldej

• Recent member
Re: File Conversions
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 02:01:56 pm »

I've been doing this a lot lately.

You can specify the location of the converted file
You can choose to replace the file you are converting with the converted file, or you can choose to keep both.

First, select the tracks you want to convert.
You can then right click over the selected files and choose Library Tools > Convert Format

In the left Navigation panel, you'll then see a Convert Format panel. Select Options
This is where you can specify the destination of the converted file.

Here is my use case:

I want to convert high resolution files and M4A files in my iTunes library to FLAC format no greater than 96/24 and write the output to an external disk I will then use in my car. This means that 44.1/16 M4A files are written out as 44.1/16 FLAC and any hirez DSD or FLAC I have will be written out to 96/24.

My OPTIONS:

Convert to this folder: /Volumes/external_disk/path
NOTE: My path does not include the album name. It ends with the parent folder that represents the artist

Checked box to "And create levels of folder structure" : 1 (this will create the album folder)

Mode: Leave the original file; do not add destination to library (This will leave my main library untouched)

Checked box to apply DSP settings. (This is where I have setup all input sample rates at 176.4 khz or greater to an output of 96 khz.

You may have a different use case than mine and you'll have to play around with these settings, but these are the only settings relevant to your question.

Have fun!

Jerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up