INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Back Problem - USB DAC  (Read 553 times)

REvandenBerg

• Recent member
Play Back Problem - USB DAC
« on: November 29, 2019, 12:51:34 am »

I use a hiresfi USB dac 5102 A, which demands a 96.000 Hz signal.

I apply this setting and play an album. JRiver starts correctly, but loses its setting when I skip to the next song or when I play another album.

After the settings are lost JRiver shows a Playback Problem, details: Playback could not be started on the output 'Core Audio' using the format '44.1 kHz 2ch'. (Et cetera)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Play Back Problem - USB DAC
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 06:21:08 am »

I apply this setting and play an album.

What setting?
Where?
What do you set it to?

This is not normal behaviour if you have set the MC DSP Output Format to upmix or downmix to 96kHz for all sources, which seems to be what you want.

BTW, are you sure it requires 96kHz input? The closest version I could find was the HIRESFI USB DAC5122A, which seems to only support 24bit 48kHz input. If your hiresfi USB dac 5102 A only supports a specific bitdepth you will have to set that in MC as well.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

REvandenBerg

• Recent member
Re: Play Back Problem - USB DAC
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 08:26:39 am »

I did not apply any settings @ macOS 10.13, but @ 10.14 I did not have sound at original settings.

For some reason I got sound @96K, but these output settings were lost as explained. I have now changed my output settings to 48K and everything is OK.

Thanks!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up