INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Controlling server from client  (Read 478 times)

ZenOli

• Recent member
Controlling server from client
« on: December 03, 2019, 12:39:18 pm »

Hi,

I am almost 100% certain this used to work, but for some reason, it has not worked for a while and I am now trying to figure out why.
I seem to remember that playing from a remote library, I could choose the playing zones of my server (so I was basically using JRiver on my laptop to launch playing of files locally on the server) and that the zones appeared as "There:nameOftheZone".

Is that possible ? If yes, what configuration should be made on both the server and laptop to get it working again ?

At the moment on the server I have : media network activated to share the library, DLNA configured as "audiophile" 24-bit DAC, and all options checked for DLNA server, Renderer and Controller.
On the laptop : library is loaded using access key and authentication, and the same DLNA configuration (with different key).

Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance !
ZenOli

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Controlling server from client
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 01:16:29 pm »

Try playing to the "Player" zone.

ZenOli

• Recent member
Re: Controlling server from client
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 04:28:37 pm »

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your answer that gave me a good hint. I actually did not have the Player zone, but realized all my client zones had the same name as the ones on the server (one is actually a clone of the other).

I deleted these zones from the laptop and it seems that the server zones are back, except for one. I will investigate the missing "There" zone when I get direct access to the server.

The lesson here seems to be not to use the same zone names on server and distant computer.

ZenOli
Pages: [1]   Go Up