INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Path/Routing  (Read 554 times)

donlboy

• World Citizen
Audio Path/Routing
« on: December 07, 2019, 04:59:15 pm »

One of my setups/configurations involves a local library on a Win 10 PC with the media files on a WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS with DLNA enabled. I can play music just fine to any zone. My question involves the case when I play to any zone other than local. For example, I often play to the Denon AVR in my theater. When playing to this zone I do not get the Tools and Audio Path information when I mouse ever the DSP icon, I get a message that I am "not using JRiver audio engine". In Options/Audio I see "Configure audio using Options - Media Network - Add or configure DLNA servers", which I can do. My question is what is the path of the audio from the file on the NAS to my AVR? What is the role of the DLNA server on the NAS and Media Server on JRiver? Do the DSP and other settings I make get applies in this scenario? How can I control and view the format, bit depth/rate, etc. of the signal sent to the AVR? I am particularly interested in this since I have some music in various formats, bit rates/depth, compression levels, etc. that I want to listen to and compare and obviously need to make sure that the parameters in the file are unchanged  on the way to the AVR.

I would appreciate an explanation of this since  I'm lost as to how this all fits together. I have looked at the wiki and help quite a bit but haven't made any real progress.

Is anyone else interested in what format (mainly bit depth/bit rate) actually gets played on your system? I guess that might be easy with an external DAC, but not otherwise. Do some AVRs display this information?

donlboy

• World Citizen
Re: Audio Path/Routing
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 09:31:34 am »

Anyone able to help clarify this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up