INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug on "Comments" tag and field  (Read 519 times)

kliclick

• Recent member
Bug on "Comments" tag and field
« on: December 09, 2019, 03:28:57 pm »

Hi,
Once I had in Comment tag the same content as Album, except some "real" comments. Since this was stupid, I've cleared all "false" comments, keeping only the real ones (made that with Mp3tag scripting actions, real nice).
But MC25 does not change the "Comment" field after an "Update Library (with tags)". The Comment field remains unchanged. I've tried to change the Artist tag with Mp3tag and applied  the library update again. The Artist field is updated, but not the Comment field. The library update works, but not for the Comment field.
I deleted the whole album form the library and reimported it (with empty Comment tag, checked with Mp3tag). And I get again the Album string in the Comment field. It's like MC25 stores somewhere the old Comment value and does not update it.
Any idea ?
Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bug on "Comments" tag and field
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 04:05:36 pm »

It's like MC25 stores somewhere the old Comment value and does not update it.

Indeed it does, in a database called the "Removed Database". If you then re-import the same file, MC uses the tag information in that database. So, your old bad tags show up again. You can create a View of the "Removed Database" and delete the records from it to get a completely new import. Search the forum for "Removed Database" for more information.

But that is a workaround. It should be possible to fix your original problem. If "Update Library (from tags)" still brings in the Album information, then that information must still be in the Comment tag. I think there can be more than one Comment tag in a file, so that may be the issue. You could look at the Tag Dump area in the MC Tag window, and see if there is anything unusual in there.

Or you could just fix the tags in MC, and always use it for tagging, and there would be no issue.   ;)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up