INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jremote2 and Google Play Store Family Share Option  (Read 811 times)

kjhkjh123

• Recent member
Jremote2 and Google Play Store Family Share Option
« on: December 13, 2019, 01:37:03 pm »

Just purchased JREMOTE2 for my tablet and it is fast and in the past 30 minutes seems to be a great improvement to gizmo which I like.

The question is, can this app be shared to my wife's gmail playstore account to install on her tablet or do I need to buy it for her account too.  It looks like it can be shared but it doesn't show up in her account.  Hopefully Jim can answer so I can take advantage of the $5 price for the other tablet.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Jremote2 and Google Play Store Family Share Option
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 02:39:30 pm »

It's tied to one gmail account.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 02:49:23 pm »

It's tied to one gmail account.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7007852?hl=en

Any apps or games purchased after July 2, 2016 are eligible to be added to Family Library. If you purchased the app or game before July 2, 2016, it’s eligible for Family Library if the developer has made past purchases available. You can find out whether this is the case by tapping Read More on the app’s details page.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 02:52:53 pm »

Just purchased JREMOTE2 for my tablet and it is fast and in the past 30 minutes seems to be a great improvement to gizmo which I like.

The question is, can this app be shared to my wife's gmail playstore account to install on her tablet or do I need to buy it for her account too.  It looks like it can be shared but it doesn't show up in her account.  Hopefully Jim can answer so I can take advantage of the $5 price for the other tablet.

Thanks

In the past, I've had issues adding a Beta app to the Family Library.  I know in one case I had to uninstall the beta version and install the standard one for it to show in the library. 

I use the Shared Library quite a bit because I have a work and a personal cell.  I do not have my main Google account associated to my work cell, but instead have made another Google account just for that cell and made it a member of my Google family.  This enables purchased apps on one account to be used with another.
Pages: [1]   Go Up