INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 25.0.127 for Mac -- Available here  (Read 3799 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 25.0.127 for Mac -- Available here
« on: December 23, 2019, 01:40:23 pm »

This is the latest build of JRiver Media Center 25.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v25/latest/MediaCenter250127.dmg

25.0.127 (12/23/2019)

1. Fixed: Back to using XCode 10 and notarization with changes to fix crashing.
2. Changed: Re-enabled the JRiver code for regular expressions.

25.0.125 (12/3/2019)

1. Fixed: Some edit controls could crash MC (for example the soloist tag window).

25.0.124 (12/2/2019)

1. Fixed: Raw image files would crash MC when it scanned for importing (usually on every start unless auto-import was disabled).
2. Fixed: Timers were broken for some situations, for example on import action window status.

25.0.123 (11/18/2019)

1. Fixed: Under heavy use, the tagging window was sticking and required force quitting MC.

25.0.122 (11/18/2019)

1. Fixed: JRWorker for importing video.

25.0.121 (11/15/2019)

1. Fixed: Video was broken in 25.0.119 for Mojave and Catalina.

25.0.119 (11/14/2019)

1. Changed: Reverted to Xcode 10.1 and SDK 10.13 to fix some crashes.
2. Changed: Re-enabled MediaKeys which work with the 10.13 SDK without crashing on Caps-lock.

25.0.118 (11/12/2019)

1. Fixed: (Hopefully) more crash on start fixes.
2. Changed: Updated remotes support.

25.0.117 (11/11/2019)

1. Changed: MediaKey support temporarily disabled while solving the caps-lock crash issue.
2. Fixed: Some crashes caused by changes in Xcode 11, for example while accessing a zone from JRemote.

25.0.116 (11/8/2019)

1. Fixed: Hitting the caps-lock key would crash MC.
2. Changed: Detection of MediaKeys.

25.0.115 (11/5/2019)

1. Fixed: Change in OpenGL code fixes video playback.
2. Fixed: Settings files are properly saved on exit.
3. Changed: MC REQUIRES 10.9 or newer because of the changes for notarization.
4. Changed: A new libav will be downloaded on first run.

25.0.114 (10/25/2019)

1. NEW: MC is notarized for Catalina which should eliminate the warning on running (malicious software...). Please report results and regressions, many changes were required.
2. NEW: Built on Xcode 11 and Catalina. May not run on MacOS < 10.8. Feedback appreciated.
3. NEW: Added channels to Radio Paradise in Theater View (both streaming and adding Radio Paradise individually).
4. Fixed: Webservice calls to get a stack image could cause a crash if the folder was empty.
5. Fixed: Thumbnails in Theater View could be duplicated.
6. Changed: The disc count and HDCD tools are stopped at shutdown instead of blocking shutdown.
7. Fixed: Dragging and dropping list items in the Tag window did not flag the data as dirty so the change would be discarded.
8. Changed: If TreePath, Device, or Search is specified on the command line, the control and shift checks for filtering the media type will be disabled.
9. Fixed: Editing tags in a popup would not mark them as dirty so they would not be saved.
10. Fixed: The "Show Files In Subfolders" checkbox was not working.

25.0.108 (10/1/2019)

1. Fixed: Fix handling of video files (and probably others) that contain parenthesis in the filepath.
2. Fixed: SRT subtitles could appear multiple times in the menu.
3. Changed: Made the disc count algorithm count actual discs instead of take the max disc number.
4. NEW: Added support for a few new ID3V2 tags: "TROY", "TMED", "TSRC", "TSOT".  No built-in fields are added for these.  So one needs to create the following cutom fields: "Original Release Year", "Release Medium", "ISRC", and "Title Sort".  FLAC tags for these are also supported.  Some of these are also supported in mp4 files.
5. Changed: Made the maximum allowable size of a Podcast larger because we found real world Podcasts larger than our previous cap size.
6. Fixed: The maximum encode size wasn't being passed as an int64 so it could overflow on big files and cause encoding to fail.
7. Fixed: Doing "Paste All From Clipboard" on a list editor in the Tag window would not reliably save the data.
8. Fixed: Undid the "All channels" handling in the Parametric Equalizer volume and mute filters because it was causing all channels to be processed even if only selected ones were checked.
9. Fixed: We were not passing the array of files into the expression for thumbnails so things like GroupCount(...) were not working properly.
10. NEW: Added the ItemCount(...) expression to allow giving the count of all the files in the database with the same album, artist, album key, etc.
11. Changed: Made the DLNA servers dialog larger and made it sizable.
12. NEW: Made the program go through and update the 'Total Discs' for all the files in the library at startup (files not marked dirty, so shouldn't cause tagging).

25.0.104 (9/24/2019)

1. NEW: Calls to the web service from a webpage short-circuit the web browser and route directly inside Media Center.  That way the calls work even with Media Network off.
2. Changed: Updated the Korean translation (thanks Junghwan).
3. Fixed: Editing a file path rule in the library customization dialog would not work.
4. Changed: Theater View will save when it's zoomed into a file so returning to Theater View will still be zoomed in.
5. NEW: Made the text on the status bar customizable for single file selections (right-click the toolbar and pick Set Text Rule...).
6. Fixed: The equalizer preamp was only working on the two front channels.
7. Changed: Saving an empty playlist as a Car Radio button would start playing the current playlist instead of messaging that there was nothing to play.
8. NEW: Added the PNPosition and PNCount variables to the expression used for status bar customization.
9. Changed: Reworked both the preamp and equalizer so they'll work on high channel counts (like 32 channels) instead of only on prescribed channels.
10. NEW: Made the MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_SET_SUBTITLES MCC command take a -3 to browse for subtitles.
11. Fixed: Checkbox style fields were not working since the last update to fix tag window issues.
12. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
13. Fixed: SACD playback was not working.
14. Changed: Play Doctor won't factor a file as a minus file if you double-click a new track.  It will only factor as a minus if you hit the next track button.
15. Fixed: Tried to fix the issue of the Action Window crashing when closing automatically for check for updates (couldn't reproduce, so only maybe).

bob

• Administrator
Re: JRiver Media Center 25.0.127 for Mac -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 01:45:03 pm »

If you are satisfied with 25.0.113 (last stable build that will take a MC26 license) you don't need to install this.

Installing and running this however helps us address the Xcode 10 issues which need to be solved before we do an MC26 build. This build seems to have fixed problems with crashing during file analysis however there are so many combinations of MacOS versions and CPU's that can hide problems for some users and not others.

Thanks,
Bob

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 12:21:23 pm »

I wasn't having any problems with the previous version but upgraded just because... one thing I like is how the Action Window during auto import now updates its progress periodically.  Previously it would just look frozen even though it wasn't until it was finished.

DmitryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 10:51:16 am »

I'm a new MC user and when I try to do Auto Update it tells me the version is up to date: version 25.0.114.  So to manually update it I just download the new version and replace the old one? (The library contents will transfer over?)

Also, when I do notice bugs or issues/requests - where do those get posted? Start separate threads??

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 11:09:51 am »

Mac MC26 will be available in January.

Post bugs in the thread that announces the build you're using.  Make sure it's the latest.  25.0.114 isn't.

DmitryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 03:06:17 am »

Upgraded to 25.0.127.

One bug that's been consistent over the past few builds is that the letter ř (with the check mark above it) is not recognized; it exists in the database, but when I create a Group for the composer Dvořák, no music appears in it. If I change it to the regular R, the music reappears. (Other special characters seem to be working fine.)

Zsolt Andrasy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 10:49:15 am »

I am not able to install ANY VST plug ins.

DSP Studio  / Manage Plug-ins  / Add JRiver, VST or Winamp Plug-ins

Result in case of ANY earlier working (!!!!) Plug-ins: "Failed to install Plug-in".

TB-Morphit would be very important for my headphone listening.

------------

Now with version 127 works again. 114 was bad.

MacBook Pro 2016 13", Soekris dam 1021 DAC, Almarro A318B, PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium, Qattro mkII loudspeakers by Troels Gravesen

hoosr1

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 10:04:09 am »

Media Center unexpectedly quits on Mac/Catalina.  Never had this issue before.  Any solution?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 10:48:51 am »

Are you using 25.0.127?

hoosr1

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 12:53:43 pm »

Yes I am using 25.0.127.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 01:13:19 pm »

Yes I am using 25.0.127.
Crash report please.

hoosr1

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 10:05:14 am »

Bob you want me to post it here or send to you direct?  If direct just need your email.

Thanks,

Tom

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 10:09:53 am »

Bob you want me to post it here or send to you direct?  If direct just need you email.

Thanks,

Tom
Either way is fine. If you want to email it to me:
bob (at) jriver (dot) com

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up