INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help Track numbers are crazy.  (Read 1989 times)

mtssler

• Recent member
Need Help Track numbers are crazy.
« on: December 27, 2019, 11:57:19 pm »

I cannot figure out why all my track number seem to be in the hundreds or thousands.......instead of just 1 through say 15  on a 15 track album for example.

What did I do???  or what happened??  It seems the system has GLOBALLY created track numbers for all my songs (Thousands) .  Example is a 6 song Album can have track numbers in this order and like this.........1011, 1012, 1013, 1014, 1015, 1016.   

Note, the Song Names and Order seem to all be fine for the most part and other meta-data all good as well..........just the track numbers have gone wild !!

Please help as I cannot possibly re-rip hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of disks. 

Somewhow the system is assigning track numbers in my thousands of songs......... Globally as one Album/List !!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Need Help Track numbers are crazy.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 12:31:05 am »

Don't ever, ever, EVER re-rip CDs because of a simple issue like this. You hear me, NEVER.

I don't know what you have done to cause this issue. Something strange. Post an image of a couple of Albums with strange track numbers. Show column headings in the View, and the Track numbers of course.

You can't edit the [Track #] field definition, so you can't have put a calculated expression in there. You could have, however, selected all your tracks and renumbered them as if they were in one huge Album using the right-click > Library Tools > Fill track numbers from list order" function. But you would have to actually set MC to renumber all track, and untick the "Start over each album" checkbox for that to happen.

Probably the easiest fix is just to find the most recent Library Backup and Restore it. The Wiki has an article explaining how.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 06:23:16 am »

I don't think you're looking at Track #'s.

mtssler

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 01:57:45 pm »

Thanks for the two replies.

It is potentially possible I did what RoderickGI said I did.  But not sure why I would have done all those things by fluke.
Thanks Jim H......... but Definitely Track #'s.

More Notes:

-Definitely looks like a GLOBAL track number of ALL my thousands of songs is what is happening.
-please tell me how to do a screen shot so I can attach it.
-Restoring a library backup is a very bad fix for me as this issue has been present for over a years worth of new ripping and changes and tweaks.
-note the high track numbers within any album are actually in order !!!  Example one Album starting at 4302, 4303, 4304 etc..... up to how many songs are in the Album.

-Finally, I tried ripping new music as a test, ALL IS NORMAL only on these newly ripped Albums and the track numbers are not way up in the hundreds or thousands but again only on newly ripped items.

Is there not a way to reverse the Global numbering of my Track numbers ???

Thank you.
-

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 05:33:02 am »

I never did get back to answer this last question.

Is there not a way to reverse the Global numbering of my Track numbers ???

The answer is probably. Sort of. Do you still need to know how?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up