INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver doesn't find cover art when the "get from internet" option is picked  (Read 1799 times)

pcibavicius

• Recent member

When needing to get cover art from the internet, when the "get from internet" option is chosen, instead of pulling up the cover art i get a "your library - no cover art" message.  This started happening immediately one day, as though a switch had turned that off.  Please help!  thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Are you running MC as a client?

pcibavicius

• Recent member

Thanks for the reply.  I have no idea if Im running MC as a client.  I have been using MC for some time (years) and have not to my knowledge run it as a "client".  Might I have done something to inadvertantly flip it into "client" mode?  How would I even know whether I was in client mode?  my apologies for not being a power user.......

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You could use Google to read about Client/Server.  A client is one machine connecting to another and the second machine serves files to the first.

If you're not using MC as a client, then it's possible a firewall or some other security program is blocking access to the Internet.

pcibavicius

• Recent member

Hi and thanks for the response.  I am not running MC as a client, and, I turned off my firewall as well.  Still no luck.  What gets me is it was working fine, and then all of a sudden, MC stopped being able to get the cover art from the internet.  This all happened in the middle of while I was updating cover art.
Pages: [1]   Go Up