INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 25.0.128 for Mac -- Available here  (Read 5745 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 25.0.128 for Mac -- Available here
« on: January 07, 2020, 05:33:26 pm »

This is the latest build of JRiver Media Center 25.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v25/latest/MediaCenter250128.dmg

25.0.128 (1/7/2019)

1. Fixed: A crash when importing raw images.
2. Fixed: More Xcode 10 crash fixes.
3. Fixed: A JRWorker crash on exit when analyzing some video files.

25.0.127 (12/23/2019)

1. Fixed: Back to using XCode 10 and notarization with changes to fix crashing.
2. Changed: Re-enabled the JRiver code for regular expressions.

25.0.125 (12/3/2019)

1. Fixed: Some edit controls could crash MC (for example the soloist tag window).

25.0.124 (12/2/2019)

1. Fixed: Raw image files would crash MC when it scanned for importing (usually on every start unless auto-import was disabled).
2. Fixed: Timers were broken for some situations, for example on import action window status.

25.0.123 (11/18/2019)

1. Fixed: Under heavy use, the tagging window was sticking and required force quitting MC.

25.0.122 (11/18/2019)

1. Fixed: JRWorker for importing video.

25.0.121 (11/15/2019)

1. Fixed: Video was broken in 25.0.119 for Mojave and Catalina.

25.0.119 (11/14/2019)

1. Changed: Reverted to Xcode 10.1 and SDK 10.13 to fix some crashes.
2. Changed: Re-enabled MediaKeys which work with the 10.13 SDK without crashing on Caps-lock.

25.0.118 (11/12/2019)

1. Fixed: (Hopefully) more crash on start fixes.
2. Changed: Updated remotes support.

25.0.117 (11/11/2019)

1. Changed: MediaKey support temporarily disabled while solving the caps-lock crash issue.
2. Fixed: Some crashes caused by changes in Xcode 11, for example while accessing a zone from JRemote.

25.0.116 (11/8/2019)

1. Fixed: Hitting the caps-lock key would crash MC.
2. Changed: Detection of MediaKeys.

25.0.115 (11/5/2019)

1. Fixed: Change in OpenGL code fixes video playback.
2. Fixed: Settings files are properly saved on exit.
3. Changed: MC REQUIRES 10.9 or newer because of the changes for notarization.
4. Changed: A new libav will be downloaded on first run.

25.0.114 (10/25/2019)

1. NEW: MC is notarized for Catalina which should eliminate the warning on running (malicious software...). Please report results and regressions, many changes were required.
2. NEW: Built on Xcode 11 and Catalina. May not run on MacOS < 10.8. Feedback appreciated.
3. NEW: Added channels to Radio Paradise in Theater View (both streaming and adding Radio Paradise individually).
4. Fixed: Webservice calls to get a stack image could cause a crash if the folder was empty.
5. Fixed: Thumbnails in Theater View could be duplicated.
6. Changed: The disc count and HDCD tools are stopped at shutdown instead of blocking shutdown.
7. Fixed: Dragging and dropping list items in the Tag window did not flag the data as dirty so the change would be discarded.
8. Changed: If TreePath, Device, or Search is specified on the command line, the control and shift checks for filtering the media type will be disabled.
9. Fixed: Editing tags in a popup would not mark them as dirty so they would not be saved.
10. Fixed: The "Show Files In Subfolders" checkbox was not working.

25.0.108 (10/1/2019)

1. Fixed: Fix handling of video files (and probably others) that contain parenthesis in the filepath.
2. Fixed: SRT subtitles could appear multiple times in the menu.
3. Changed: Made the disc count algorithm count actual discs instead of take the max disc number.
4. NEW: Added support for a few new ID3V2 tags: "TROY", "TMED", "TSRC", "TSOT".  No built-in fields are added for these.  So one needs to create the following cutom fields: "Original Release Year", "Release Medium", "ISRC", and "Title Sort".  FLAC tags for these are also supported.  Some of these are also supported in mp4 files.
5. Changed: Made the maximum allowable size of a Podcast larger because we found real world Podcasts larger than our previous cap size.
6. Fixed: The maximum encode size wasn't being passed as an int64 so it could overflow on big files and cause encoding to fail.
7. Fixed: Doing "Paste All From Clipboard" on a list editor in the Tag window would not reliably save the data.
8. Fixed: Undid the "All channels" handling in the Parametric Equalizer volume and mute filters because it was causing all channels to be processed even if only selected ones were checked.
9. Fixed: We were not passing the array of files into the expression for thumbnails so things like GroupCount(...) were not working properly.
10. NEW: Added the ItemCount(...) expression to allow giving the count of all the files in the database with the same album, artist, album key, etc.
11. Changed: Made the DLNA servers dialog larger and made it sizable.
12. NEW: Made the program go through and update the 'Total Discs' for all the files in the library at startup (files not marked dirty, so shouldn't cause tagging).

25.0.104 (9/24/2019)

1. NEW: Calls to the web service from a webpage short-circuit the web browser and route directly inside Media Center.  That way the calls work even with Media Network off.
2. Changed: Updated the Korean translation (thanks Junghwan).
3. Fixed: Editing a file path rule in the library customization dialog would not work.
4. Changed: Theater View will save when it's zoomed into a file so returning to Theater View will still be zoomed in.
5. NEW: Made the text on the status bar customizable for single file selections (right-click the toolbar and pick Set Text Rule...).
6. Fixed: The equalizer preamp was only working on the two front channels.
7. Changed: Saving an empty playlist as a Car Radio button would start playing the current playlist instead of messaging that there was nothing to play.
8. NEW: Added the PNPosition and PNCount variables to the expression used for status bar customization.
9. Changed: Reworked both the preamp and equalizer so they'll work on high channel counts (like 32 channels) instead of only on prescribed channels.
10. NEW: Made the MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_SET_SUBTITLES MCC command take a -3 to browse for subtitles.
11. Fixed: Checkbox style fields were not working since the last update to fix tag window issues.
12. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
13. Fixed: SACD playback was not working.
14. Changed: Play Doctor won't factor a file as a minus file if you double-click a new track.  It will only factor as a minus if you hit the next track button.
15. Fixed: Tried to fix the issue of the Action Window crashing when closing automatically for check for updates (couldn't reproduce, so only maybe).

John Smith

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Media Center 25.0.128 for Mac -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 01:24:22 pm »

MC .128 is pretty glitchy. De-installed this and installed the previous version .125.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 09:49:15 am »

MC .128 is pretty glitchy. De-installed this and installed the previous version .125.
Elaborate on glitchy please.

John Smith

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 01:01:39 pm »

Elaborate on glitchy please.
JRWorker component crashes all the time. MC can't remember any setting related with the just played media file, like the current position, chosen subtitles and stream.

m@Xist

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 01:35:38 pm »

My setup is as follows:
MC running as server on a MacBook
Another Mac running MC as client
One DLNA renderer (Teac)

Recently, I created new smart lists in order to consolidate a list of files at a specific location (remote volume).
What happens is that since having these lists, some of which being copies of others, MC has created multiple copies itself! I've seen this in the past already but it has then become quiet.
Today, it has become worse as MC would crash all the time. I saw that MC had already created 7779 (!) copies of the smart lists.
N.B.: deleting a series of those smart lists makes MC quasi become stuck (Mac perf monitor showing MC as not responding at a CPU load of 97%).

Hope that I can get some support asap, thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 02:00:03 pm »

Not sure how much we can do with this since MC25 isn't under development now but assuming you have a library backup and that the issue is on the server Mac you could try removing the settings file:
rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/J\ River/Media\ Center\ 25/Settings/User\ Settings.ini
Then try running MC again and restoring a Library backup.
If that doesn't work you'll have to remove the whole library and restore a backup.
rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/J\ River/Media\ Center\ 25/Library/*

Dani1

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 08:29:47 pm »

Hi, I purchased The master license in the past when I was using PC and now I'm using the new Mac Mini.  Can you please send me my license and a link to download MC 25.  I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank You.  Tried to restore it but what I got was the old MC20.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 09:13:04 pm »

Hi, I purchased The master license in the past when I was using PC and now I'm using the new Mac Mini.  Can you please send me my license and a link to download MC 25.  I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank You.  Tried to restore it but what I got was the old MC20.
Look here for the download:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Old_Versions
Visit here:
https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore_email.cgi?displayemail=1
to get your license or if your email address has changed since you bought, send an email to deanna (at) jriver (dot) com to get your license number.

Veniamin

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2023, 12:17:20 pm »

Dear friends, could you please help me restore the MC25 after my HDD was damaged on my Mac? I reinstalled MC25 but I can't register it because I lost the key. Sent a request to restore the key using my email address, received confirmation that the key was sent to me, but it did not arrive. I can't find the email address of the JRiver service to send them a letter regarding the key. Help if anyone knows the solution.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2023, 12:50:44 pm »

It's probably in your spam folder or blocked by your email provider.

I just re-sent your license. 

I'll move this discussion to a new thread.

Veniamin

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2023, 01:11:39 pm »

Dear Jim,

Thanks a lot! Yes, I got your messages in the spam folder.
My JRiver is registered now.

Best regards.
Veniamin
Pages: [1]   Go Up