INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Docker Container for JRiver Media Center 26  (Read 21858 times)

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member
Docker Container for JRiver Media Center 26
« on: January 09, 2020, 08:55:27 pm »

Is there any MC26 container on the horizon? The MC25 by Jatzoo is amazing. https://hub.docker.com/u/jatzoo

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Docker Container for JRiver Media Center 26
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 09:44:02 am »

I updated mine 2 days ago.

https://hub.docker.com/r/shiomax/jrivermc26

Currently, it does not activate though. But it usually goes to 30 days trial anyways. Seems like more people are having those issues too. MJR file activation should work. I have not tried that yet. I wanted to make it so you can just drop a MJR file into the config directory and it will use it on start and delete it. But I have not done that yet.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 09:51:01 am »

The mjr file is an Install Key.  It only works for 14 days.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 10:05:27 am »

I figured out what was wrong. In the start command of MC I set the home directory to /config and in the command I now entered I did not do that.

So this is how you can activate the container with the mjr file. First get the mjr file and place it into the config folder. I just named it key.mjr, because I copied it with scp and it was less to type. Also my container is named jrivermc26, yours might have a different name.

Code: [Select]
docker exec -it jrivermc26 /bin/bash
exec env HOME=/config mediacenter26 /RestoreFromFile /config/key.mjr

As I said I'm probably gonna just make this happen on startup when the config directory contains any file with the .mjr extension. But for now this works.

I have just pushed a new version of it. It looks for .mjr files within the config directory every 30 seconds. When it finds one it tries to activate jriver with it. If it's successful it get's rid of the .mjr file.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 03:47:24 pm »

Great work thanks Max.

Re the activation, cannot we just enter our license key key on the splash screen on startup?

Cheers

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 03:59:35 pm »

That does not seem to be working right now. I never actually saw the splash screen. But I donīt think it would do anything differently than when you go to help > install license.

I would assume that will get ironed out with future releases of MC26 though. So, no big deal. Just use the mjr file until then.

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 07:28:16 pm »

Thanks heaps Max, I'll give it a try. Jatzoo PMed me to say his would be ready in the coming days too so it looks like MC26 will be back on the menu.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 10:44:25 am »

Made a bit of an oversight with the find command. Somehow I thought maxdepth 1 is default and not a recursive lookup threw the entire directory.
Itīs rebuilding as of writing this, the old V4 tags have been deleted as Iīm replacing them with the new once. Letīs pretend that never happened.  ::)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 05:44:40 pm »

That does not seem to be working right now. I never actually saw the splash screen. But I donīt think it would do anything differently than when you go to help > install license.

I would assume that will get ironed out with future releases of MC26 though. So, no big deal. Just use the mjr file until then.
That should be fixed in the 26.0.16 build.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 06:16:00 pm »

That should be fixed in the 26.0.16 build.

Yup, itīs working now. Activation is working with the key and the in-app browser is working again. Thankīs! :)

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 01:03:12 am »

Installed and it's working a treat, thanks max096.

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 01:20:11 am »

max096, one small bug:

It looks like the filename for the .mjr file is not being parsed correctly, the spaces in the default mjr file downloaded from jriver are upsetting the license script with the following errors repeating every 30s.

Found .mjr file at /config/Media Center26 Master-474165.mjr
Activating JRiverMC26
CRegistrationHelper::RestoreFromFile: license file /config/Media not found.
Could not restore license from file /config/Media
Activation was successful, Removing /config/Media Center26 Master-474165.mjr
rm: cannot remove '/config/Media': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'Center26': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'Master-474165.mjr': No such file or directory

Changing the filename to "Media-Center26-Master-474165.mjr" fixed the problem.

Found .mjr file at /config/Media-Center26-Master-474165.mjr
Activating JRiverMC26
Found .mjr file at /config/Media-Center26-Master-474165.mjr
Activating JRiverMC26
License restored successfully from file /config/Media-Center26-Master-474165.mjr
Activation was successful, Removing /config/Media-Center26-Master-474165.mjr

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 08:16:33 am »

It's easy to fix, it just needs quotes. But I think it's better to rollback those changes. It's a bit of a excessive solution for that kind of thing. It should be enough to have instructions in the readme on how to do mjr activation. Since it is a little bit different than normally.

If you have an invalid .mjr file in there it's also a bit annoying, because it would pop up a dialog in jriver every 30 seconds until you remove it.

Jatzoo

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 02:28:21 pm »

Thanks heaps Max, I'll give it a try. Jatzoo PMed me to say his would be ready in the coming days too so it looks like MC26 will be back on the menu.

As merman-corrode-portage wrote - my docker version of JRiver MC26 is able to pull via hub:
https://hub.docker.com/r/jatzoo/jrivermc26

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2020, 12:06:42 pm »

I've also just built version 6 of the image. The baseimage is now a fork of jlesage/docker-baseimage-gui, because he did not have a debian10 image yet. So, I rebuilt the baseimage and the baseimage-gui for debian10 and also for debian10 arm (but those are not in the docker hub repo, but you can build them).

The build script has been reworked. The only thing that I didn't yet do (that I planned) is the --deb option to supply a local .deb file to install jriver from instead of the repository.

The arm version still needs some work. I'll get another raspberry pi next week that I intend to use in the living room to play audio with. So I'm actually gonna try to make it work for that. I did never try to get a sound output out of the docker container yet. Though, I believe it is likely I will just install it without a container in the end.

The script that brings jriver back when you minimize it also got rewritten as jriver now handles option windows correctly and forces them to be on top by itself. So, there is no need to worry about them anymore. There always was a bit of a problem with the previous script. Because what I tried to do is to always bring the last used window to the top. But that's not always what you want, because when you click into the search box you get an information popup and that is then the last opened "window". If the script brings that in focus then you can no longer type into the search box. That's now no longer a problem as I just don't have to deal with it anymore.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2020, 01:33:27 am »

I made a bit of an organisational change to my docker containers git.

I've decided that moving forward it would be better to use gitlab.com instead of my privately hosted gitlab server!
The project has already been created here: https://gitlab.com/shiomax/jrivermc-docker

The main motivation to do this is to make it easier for people to create issues and possibly contribute to it in other ways if they want to. Before you would have required me to initiate account creation for you, to really do anything more than download the source.
I will also make a contribution guide when I get to it. But the gist of it is: If you want to do a merge request (gitlabs name for githubs pull requests). Don't work with the master branch, but with the dev branch and do merge requests into the dev branch. The master branch is actively being used to rebuild the current version with newer MC releases. So you should not try to merge (especially functional changes) into the master branch directly. You can try, but they will be rejected for that reason. That's basically all there is to it.  :)

hells

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 05:00:55 pm »

Hey Max, using your docker container. It's great but I've seen a couple issues, and for some reason GitLab is not cooperating and letting me log in.

Have you noticed that sometimes it just is a black screen? Requiring a container restart. Even with the maximize env var set. My other issue *might* be related to the container as I don't experience this on Windows/Mac clients, only on the container "server" itself: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124616.msg862760.html

Any ideas?

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2020, 07:59:24 pm »

Hey Max, using your docker container. It's great but I've seen a couple issues, and for some reason GitLab is not cooperating and letting me log in.

Have you noticed that sometimes it just is a black screen? Requiring a container restart. Even with the maximize env var set. My other issue *might* be related to the container as I don't experience this on Windows/Mac clients, only on the container "server" itself: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124616.msg862760.html

Any ideas?

It sometimes happens on amd64 and almost always happens on raspberry pies (witch is one of the reasons I really have no plans yet on when to put the arm images into the repository). Iīm working on gettting that to work on arm as the issue is very rarely happening for me on anything else. It also seems to me that itīs more likely to happen when the JRiver version updates. The maximize env does not have anything to do with it though. It only effects pop up windows.
JRiver is still running technically. You just canīt see it as it starts minimized for some odd reason.

The two ways to fix it for now is a container restart or you can also log into your container and switch to the jriver window.
docker exec <container_name or id> /bin/bash
wmctrl -l        # copy the hex id of JRiver Media Center window
wmctrl -i -a <hex_id>

So the plan for version 8 so far would be that (mostly for arm sake, but it will absolutely effect am64 images) and also I want to start rebuilding all the images with new container versions down to I believe 26.0.22 was the one that forced pop pop-up / sub windows to stay on top of itself. That change made everything a lot easier.

hells

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2020, 08:10:14 pm »

It sometimes happens on x86 and almost always happens on raspberry pies (witch is one of the reasons I really no plans yet on when to put the arm images into the repository). Iīm working on gettting that to work on arm as the issue is very rarely happening for me on anything else. It also seems to me that itīs more likely to happen when the JRiver version updates. The maximize env does not have anything to do with it though. It only effects pop up windows.
JRiver is still running technically. You just canīt see it as it starts minimized for some odd reason.

The two ways to fix it for now is a container restart or you can also log into your container and switch to the jriver window.
docker exec <id> /bin/bash
wmctrl -l        # copy the hex id of JRiver Media Center
wmctrl -i -a <id>
Great thanks! 1/2 way to this working how I wanted :D

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 08:29:13 pm »

Hi max096, thanks for updating the docker image of MC!  I can finally feel comfortable moving away from my old setup where I was on MC22 via QNAP HybridDisk Station.  It feels good seeing the new features that JRiver offers now.

I'm just having trouble with enabling Authentication in the media network.  It seems that I cannot connect to a running instance of the media network when the authentication is enabled.  But if disabled I can connect.  It may be an issue with MC itself, but just wanted to know if you ran into the same issue?

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2020, 08:16:45 am »

I'm just having trouble with enabling Authentication in the media network.  It seems that I cannot connect to a running instance of the media network when the authentication is enabled.  But if disabled I can connect.  It may be an issue with MC itself, but just wanted to know if you ran into the same issue?

I have a hard time to see how authentication would break it. It works for me and I never had an issue like that.

Is it maybe some keyboard layout issue? As in, are you sure you entered the same password both times?

I don't think it's a firewall issue either, because it works without authentication for you.

You could try an older version of MC 26, enable authentication there and see if it works. When it works you can probably update to the newest version again. I setup authentication with the first release of MC 26 and then kept updating it.
What you could also try. If you are using bridge networking in docker, try host networking instead or the other way around.

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2020, 01:49:41 pm »

Yep, hosting did the trick.  I forgot that was an option to change.  Thanks! 

And would you know how to change the resolution of the VNC? 

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2020, 04:49:09 pm »

Yep, hosting did the trick.  I forgot that was an option to change.  Thanks! 

And would you know how to change the resolution of the VNC?

-e DISPLAY_WIDTH=1280
-e DISPLAY_HEIGHT=720

Those are the defaults, just set them to something else. Similarly to how you can set the vnc password.

Oletros

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 01:50:42 pm »

In docker version 19.03 I can't make work specifying a MAC address, it doesn't work

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 01:53:40 pm »

Thanks again max!! 

I'm sorry to keep bugging and asking questions but I'm running into connection issues leading to "audio streaming errors".  This isn't solely directed to you so if anyone else could help I'd greatly appreciate it.  I've hosted the container on QNAP and have set the "network mode" to "host" even though it gives me the following warnings:

The port may conflict with the NAS port when selecting Host mode.Use local host network (command: --net=host)
Note:This option allows containers to have full access to the host network interface.

When I do have trouble connecting to the Media Server, the IP address that gets returned in JRemote is 10.0.3.2, which is different than the host IP, which is 10.0.1.30.  I'm not sure how to effectively address this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated it. 

edit:  I believe I've resolved this.  I went back and set the network mode to manually set the IP address uniform to my LAN but different than my NAS.  I then changed the ports and reassigned them to the IP address that I set for the docker app, and for now the media network seems to be stable and functional. 

Thanks again for providing this docker container max! I sincerely appreciate it! 
---

With using jatzoo's docker image, I can set everything up and I can connect to the Media Server, but none of the files show up in JRemote.  I get the albums listed, but not the individual tracks. 

Jatzoo

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2020, 03:50:22 am »

With using jatzoo's docker image, I can set everything up and I can connect to the Media Server, but none of the files show up in JRemote.  I get the albums listed, but not the individual tracks.

JRemote or JRemote2? I use JRemote2 and all works fine (Android 10 on the phone).

Dantesjoe

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2020, 01:10:38 am »

Hi guys. I'm very excited to get this up and running. I'm having an issue getting MC to see my library. I'm installing it on Synology DSM through docker.
I'm using shiomax/jrivermc26:latest
Took some screenshots.
https://imgur.com/a/q7jUWuI
1. Volumes configuration
2. My file system. Docker and JRMC26 are installed on Volume 1. My music library is located on volume 2. I dropped one album directly into /data/music/
3.Only the album from /data/music is found. Also my import folders.

I feel like my logic in the configuration is correct.
/oldmusic/ has every read/write permission allowed.

I'm also very new to Linux and Syn DSM, so maybe there is a little detail I'm missing.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2020, 11:42:00 am »

Hi guys. I'm very excited to get this up and running. I'm having an issue getting MC to see my library. I'm installing it on Synology DSM through docker.
I'm using shiomax/jrivermc26:latest
Took some screenshots.
https://imgur.com/a/q7jUWuI
1. Volumes configuration
2. My file system. Docker and JRMC26 are installed on Volume 1. My music library is located on volume 2. I dropped one album directly into /data/music/
3.Only the album from /data/music is found. Also my import folders.

I feel like my logic in the configuration is correct.
/oldmusic/ has every read/write permission allowed.

I'm also very new to Linux and Syn DSM, so maybe there is a little detail I'm missing.

I don't understand the reasoning behind mounting the same directory twice? Perhaps that's causing some circular issues or it may be invalid, it probably depends on your container manager.

Dantesjoe

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2020, 04:10:10 pm »

I don't understand the reasoning behind mounting the same directory twice? Perhaps that's causing some circular issues or it may be invalid, it probably depends on your container manager.
I've tried both separately also. I'm not sure if my container manager wants me to specify the /volume2/
I've also tried reversing the "file/folder" and "mount path" inputs

My thought is that if I set
File/Folder -> actual folder with music files in it
Mount Path ->Where I tell MC to look for files
Then on auto import I'll set paths to both directories individually, and MC finds nothing.

I am completely at a loss of understanding this. Perhaps the container can't get permission to access the /volume2/oldmusic/ share? When I navigate MC import to that folder it will open that folder and allow me to save the directory for auto import. If I go to edit that same import directory it will tell me that it cannot read the directory.
I've tried opening up all the permissions of that share folder and MC has high level permissions.

My actual folders of music are contained at "/volume2/oldmusic/"
My dockers are installed on volume1

I wish I could be more helpful

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2020, 05:22:07 pm »

Can you actually browse to that music folder from within the Docker terminal? Can docker see the mounted folder at all?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2020, 09:01:48 pm »

My actual folders of music are contained at "/volume2/oldmusic/"

There's the issue. You need to set the "file/folder" to that directory and the "mount point" to the internal mount location of the container. I don't know if your container defaults to particular directories but it may be easiest for you to just mount your directories to the same location within the container. This would also make it easier to share libraries between the containers or use neat tricks like playing local files while using a remote library.

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2020, 09:57:59 pm »

Hey Max, thanks for your container, I've been using it since you posted here back in January. However since installing I've had a nagging warning I though I might bring up:

[0606/050306.068755:WARNING:discardable_shared_memory_manager.cc(194)] Less than 64MB of free space in temporary directory for shared memory files: 63

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2020, 12:07:10 pm »

Hey Max, thanks for your container, I've been using it since you posted here back in January. However since installing I've had a nagging warning I though I might bring up:

[0606/050306.068755:WARNING:discardable_shared_memory_manager.cc(194)] Less than 64MB of free space in temporary directory for shared memory files: 63

As long as you never got a follow up error such as "'No space left on device'" in all this time it should be totally save to ignore.

There is this discussion on github https://github.com/moby/moby/issues/12940 seems to suggest that this was fixed quite a while ago in a docker update.

What OS and what docker version are you using?

vickozagi

• Recent member
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2020, 01:24:34 pm »

Hi,
I am using openmediavault and only Compose file format version 2 is supported. So with my limited knowledge I rewrote the compose file. Everything works except access to the music folder. If I drop the music in config folder I can play music on all endpoints. Does anybody know what I did wrong?
---
version: "2"
services:
  jrivermc26:
    image: shiomax/jrivermc26
    container_name: jrivermc26
    restart: always
    environment:
      - TZ=America/Los_Angeles
      - VNC_PASSWORD=12345
    volumes:
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD30EFRX-68EUZN0_WD-WCC4N5XU8213-part1/config/jrivermc26:/config:rw
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD30EFRX-68EUZN0_WD-WCC4NKPA1P91-part1/Muzika/SQB:/data/music:rw
    network_mode: host

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2020, 08:54:55 am »

Hi,
I am using openmediavault and only Compose file format version 2 is supported. So with my limited knowledge I rewrote the compose file. Everything works except access to the music folder. If I drop the music in config folder I can play music on all endpoints. Does anybody know what I did wrong?
---
services:
  jrivermc26:
    environment:
      - TZ=America/Los_Angeles
      - VNC_PASSWORD=12345
    volumes:
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD30EFRX-68EUZN0_WD-WCC4N5XU8213-part1/config/jrivermc26:/config:rw
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD30EFRX-68EUZN0_WD-WCC4NKPA1P91-part1/Muzika/SQB:/data/music:rw

The config looks right. Are you sure the second path to your music folder is right? The path to the music folder is a bit different.

What version of compose you use really does not matter at all as long as it supports the configuration you want to do. Its just a convenience tool for creating containers. Im just using it because it gives you a config file so when you wanna upgrade your container its easy to do with the same configuration. Otherwise, you'd have to keep track of your entier docker run command. Solutions like openmediavault may have tools in place that make this advantage irrelevant.

vickozagi

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2020, 10:46:50 pm »

The path is correct. These are two different hard drives.
Good news though. I can now browse to the SQB folder, but I cannot see folders and files within the SQB folder

---
services:
  jrivermc26:
    environment:
      - TZ=America/Los_Angeles
      - VNC_PASSWORD=12345
    volumes:
      - /data/music:/srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD30EFRX-68EUZN0_WD-WCC4NKPA1P91-part1/Muzika/SQB

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2020, 10:42:24 am »

I would say check the permissions of the folders. Folders have to be executeable on Linux to be able to list their content. You could try to add :rwx to the permissions in the compose. Not sure if that works though. I would preferably change the permissions on the filesystem on the drive.

You can use the following to find all sub folders in a path and make them executeable.

find /your/path/here -type d -exec chmod o+x {} \;
You can also compare "ls -la" of both folders root and 1 level deep. There should be something different I'm thinking. Otherwise it should work.

Robad

• Recent member
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2020, 01:40:13 pm »

Hi,  I have got the trial version of MC26.0.87 running in Container Station on a QNAP NAS.
Two things I don't know how to do now:
- How do I install the license once I've purchased it?
- How do I upgrade? (My Windows version kindly told me an update was available.  Not so with the Linux version...)

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2020, 04:44:25 am »

Hi,  I have got the trial version of MC26.0.87 running in Container Station on a QNAP NAS.
Two things I don't know how to do now:
- How do I install the license once I've purchased it?
- How do I upgrade? (My Windows version kindly told me an update was available.  Not so with the Linux version...)

Both of these things are explained in the gitlab readme. The same readme is on dockerhub.
You install your license as you normally would within the jriver UI. If that does not work you can use the CLI to activate it. Your license is stored in the "config" directory or however you name it on your NAS filesystem (you gotta link the directory between your host and the container). You update it by using another image. If you are using the :latest or :stable (once this is available) your NAS may have a UI for pulling the newest image and remove/recreate the container with the same configuration or otherwise change the baseimage from :25.0.87-latest-x to something else. But if thatīs not the case you have to remove the container and recreate a new one manually. Linking the same directories as you did before will retain all your configurations in JRiver.

Robad

• Recent member
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2020, 05:53:15 am »

Thanks for the help.

I was also trying to connect from outside my LAN - something I could do when running MC23 under "HybridDesk Station".  I noted that the container was using DHCP so I changed it to fixed.  This restarted the container, and didn't help at all.  So I changed it back to DHCP - another restart. 
Now I appear to have an empty Library!  Did I put it in the wrong place? 
I'm having great trouble navigating in Linux...  (I did use Unix back in the 80's.  But it's been Windows for over 30 years!)
Any ideas where my library might be?  Or the backup of it?

Rob

PS. I tried "restore backup" which gave a path of '/config/Documents/...' but '/config/Documents' doesn't exist...

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2020, 07:00:39 am »

Thanks for the help.

I was also trying to connect from outside my LAN - something I could do when running MC23 under "HybridDesk Station".  I noted that the container was using DHCP so I changed it to fixed.  This restarted the container, and didn't help at all.  So I changed it back to DHCP - another restart. 
Now I appear to have an empty Library!  Did I put it in the wrong place? 
I'm having great trouble navigating in Linux...  (I did use Unix back in the 80's.  But it's been Windows for over 30 years!)
Any ideas where my library might be?  Or the backup of it?

Rob

PS. I tried "restore backup" which gave a path of '/config/Documents/...' but '/config/Documents' doesn't exist...

When you created the container you either setup where its gonna be or you didnt (in witch case its gone).

In the examples I put this

volumes:
        - /path/to/config:/config:rw
        - /path/to/music:/data/music:rw

/path/to/config would be what you should replace with a path on your nas where you want the folder to be. /config you cannot change thats the path within the container you have to mount it to. JRiver inside the container does not know where the folder really is. /config is that path you set if you set it. If you did not set it its temporary and will be gone when you delete the container.

Though Im not sure how all these things are on qnap. It would take a lot of time to create guides for every NAS solution that has the capability to run docker. So what I wrote there in the readme is mostly if you are just using docker on <insert your Linux distribution> with no ui what so ever. Its also a lot easier to make guides with commands than it is for guis that may or may not look the same half a year from now.

Robad

• Recent member
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2020, 07:47:32 am »

Thanks again.  I tried following your examples originally.  But I ended up with other 'Container Station' related issues.
I can now see the 'Documents' folder on my NAS mounted from my PC.

I'm still running 26.0.87, despite having recreated the container several times.  Is this because 'shiomax/jrivermc26' has yet to be updated?  Or do I have to download it again somehow?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2020, 09:09:53 am »

Thanks again.  I tried following your examples originally.  But I ended up with other 'Container Station' related issues.
I can now see the 'Documents' folder on my NAS mounted from my PC.

I'm still running 26.0.87, despite having recreated the container several times.  Is this because 'shiomax/jrivermc26' has yet to be updated?  Or do I have to download it again somehow?

You need to rebuild the image, not the container.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2020, 09:12:32 am »

You need to rebuild the image, not the container.

No, unless you are feeling adventurous. The images are built already on dockerhub. You need to pull the most recent version is all (docker pull shiomax/jrivermc26). Otherwise it uses the local version you pulled earlier. Then you have to re-create the container.

It is true that it may take up to a week for newer jriver versions to be on dockerhub because I only rebuild them once every sunday currently (automated trigger). Though, currently 26.0.94 is :latest on dockerhub.

Robad

• Recent member
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2020, 12:36:36 pm »

OK.  I purchased the Master license. 
It installed fine on the Windows copy.  But when I type the code into the linux version it says, "Your license file is for a different product".  I also get this message if I try the bin/bash method.

Rob

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2020, 01:08:25 pm »

Robad

• Recent member
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2020, 01:47:52 pm »

All working fine now, thanks!

Except that I can't access from outside my LAN.  As I noted before, I had it working with MC23.  All I've done is change the IP address in the firewall port forwarding rule...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2020, 02:15:20 pm »

In MC's Media Network settings, there is a test that will tell you if the port is open from the outside.

Robad

• Recent member
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2020, 04:08:02 pm »

Yes I know - and it says the server isn't reachable from the Internet.

I have port forwarding set up (52199<->52199 on TCP).  My router identifies MC26 as being connected to it. 

But there's something different from running MC under HybridDesk Station...

Does it matter which mode the container is in?  I'm using 'Bridge' with a static IP address...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2020, 04:25:37 pm »

Have you read "Network Access" on the wiki?

You can get your outside address by typing whatsmyip at Google.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up