INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Controlling the selected DLNA Device [Solved]  (Read 725 times)

Smilin_Jim

• Recent member
Problem Controlling the selected DLNA Device [Solved]
« on: January 12, 2020, 07:54:11 pm »

Need some help getting reoriented 'cause I broke my Id and and trying to figure out what happened.

I was playing with 5.1 FLAC files and my Schiit Modi Multibit when things went astray. I went out of town for awhile and when I came back and tried to play files on my Id I got no sound and a pop-up window that says:
"There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double-check your device, server, and network settings."
I have the NUC running MC using files on a NAS mounted as a local drive and directly out the NUC to a receiver.  I connected an analog cable and switched to the PCH ALSA output and can hear the music, but I still get the pop-up and if I close it, the music stops.
I rebuilt the library and all of that seems to be solid.
The system has been so dependable for so long that I have forgotten all I learned when I set it up, but it used to work very well.  Any thoughts where to start troubleshooting this message?

Smilin_Jim

• Recent member
Re: Problem Controlling the selected DLNA Device
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 04:43:45 pm »

Problem solved.

I discovered that I was using the DLNA Server in MC to provide an interface for JRemote. Somehow the server got broken. In addition to the DLNA device message on MC, it turned out that JRemote couldn't see the server, either.

I went to Tools/Options/Media Network and de-selected "Use Media Network to share the library..."
Rebooted the Id, re-selected the option and it started working just fine. And JRemote is connecting, too.
Ended up rebooting a second time just in case.  Still working.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem Controlling the selected DLNA Device [Solved]
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 04:59:51 pm »

Thanks for reporting the solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up