INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote and streaming  (Read 798 times)

captain starlight

• Recent member
JRemote and streaming
« on: January 16, 2020, 04:27:43 am »

Can anyone get the Radio jriver streaming to work on jremote?  If so, how did you do it?

I am using jremote on iPad Pro 12.8” andi see the menu option and I also see the titles for the various cloud (genre based) channels - but nothing is clickable.  All I get is a textual list of potential channels but cannot click anything.

Any ideas?

Dmytro

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote and streaming
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 05:51:14 am »

I think Bob has previously mentioned that the current implementation only allows remotely controlling Radio playback on a server.

You click on a title => the radio starts playing on your server, and you can control the playback via JRemote (if you select the server in your zones). This is how it works for me

captain starlight

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 04:55:41 am »

I am connecting to my server and I can playback my own media in the internal network on jremote and having that -layback to my device. That all works good.

But when I go to the streaming option in jremote, I am presented with a list of the various jriver “stations” - but they are not clickable.  They are presented as text only.  So what do I click? 

I am trying to access the jriver stations on jremote - through my existing server connection, but the list of stations under the streaming menu option on jremote are not clickable or selectable.  I am trying to play to my device though - as I do with my own music.  Am I limited to only playing the streaming stations to another zone (and not to my device - which in this case is an iPad)?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 07:03:35 am »

At this time, you can only play JRiver Radio or Cloudplay to the Player (the server you're connecting to from JRemote).

captain starlight

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 04:26:03 am »

That’s kinda annoying and disappointing.  I was really looking forward to trying some of the jriver cloud streaming channels via the iPad while falling asleep.  I currently do that with roon - but with all this talk of the jriver streaming channels (especially the new prog rock one) then I naturally thought I could stream these channels to my iPad (via my internal network).

Oh well, another downside to jremote I guess (I’m still a bit annoyed I can’t watch video on jremote like I can with plex).

Don’t get me wrong, I love jriver but admittedly, jremote is a bit disappointing.  I can’t watch movies on my iPad (but I can with plex), and I also can’t stream the jriver cloud play channels to my device (whereas I can stream roon radio to my device). 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 07:17:52 am »

If you have an Android device, JRemote2 may soon support what you're looking for.

We hope to get Cloudplay working everywhere, but each case is different.
Pages: [1]   Go Up