INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newb IPTV Question  (Read 3406 times)

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
Newb IPTV Question
« on: January 29, 2020, 08:55:02 am »

I am currently looking at moving from Mediaportal 2 as it just seems too flakey and problematic.

I have a probably dumb question that has already been answered on here but I cannot find an answer anywhere so please forgive me if I have missed this.

I receive DVB-S2 and IPTV from two separate providers. The IPTV service is not provided by my Satellite TV provider.

I am currently trying to test MediaCenter just for IPTV functionality before moving hardware across from my production machine, so have not yet moved my DVB-S2 tuner cards over to my test box.

I cannot see a way to add IPTV channels to the TV setup other than Sat>IP but this seems to require a tuner.

Is there a virtual tuner that can be added as with other solutions, or is this a limitation of MediaCenter?

Does a physical tuner card have to be selected, but never gets used as the M3U lines are used instead? If so, would this render the physical satellite tuner(s) inoperable whilst an IPTV channel is being viewed/recorded?

If I reverted to using DVBLogic DVBLink (having moved away from it) would this be the way forward?

I would prefer to keep as many pieces of middleware out of the solution as possible.

Apologies again for these questions, I just can't find any documentation that will answer them.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Newb IPTV Question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 02:59:53 pm »

IPTV currently is not supported.

A tuner or a video capture card is required for television functionality.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 11:45:51 pm »

That's a shame. This product really seems to have it together, especially when compared with Media Portal which feels like it has bits hanging off it sometimes.

Are there any plans to add support for IPTV?

And if I did use DVBLink to present a couple of tuners  and the IPTV channels to MediaCenter, is the issue that this would not work or just that this would be an unsupported configuration?

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 02:11:15 am »

Currently, all of the HTPC solutions I deploy are based on Mediaportal but that is purely down to IPTV support. I would be much happier in supplying MediaCenter but IPTV support is a must.

Is there a mailing list I can join to be notified of new releases, changes, features added/removed etc. so that I can keep my eye on whether this does get added?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 06:23:54 am »

Is there a mailing list I can join to be notified of new releases, changes, features added/removed etc. so that I can keep my eye on whether this does get added?
When you download MC, you can enter your address on the Download Page.  You'll receive a newsletter until you unsubscribe (link at the bottom of all emails).

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 06:46:48 am »

Perfect, thanks @JimH

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2021, 04:17:51 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up