INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist Assistance - Can anyone review this "Triple Plays" for problems  (Read 870 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

All

Just recently pulled out an old smartlist tidbit I found in the forums a long time ago - called Triple Plays:

[Media Type]=[audio] [Rating]=>=1 [Release Type]=[Studio] [Complete Album]=1 ~limit=-1,1,[album] ~limit=-1,1,[year] ~a ~seq ~sort=Random ~limit=-1,3,[album],[album artist (auto)] ~sort=[Sequence] ~n=12

The way I have it constructed above - this should grab 3 tracks from 4 random albums where the 3 songs are rated at least one star (Or higher) and line up 12 tracks to play

What it is doing is grabbing 3 "random" tracks from 4 random albums and ignoring any song ratings and lining em up to play

I tend to rate at least three tracks from the bulk of my albums - some albums have more than three rated cuts and some have less (or none at all).

Can anyone help me figure out why the track rating ([Rating]=>=1) is being ignored so I can get this SL to behave. I have a sense that the Main Rules are being overidden by the Modifiers - but I do not know enough about the Limit (advanced) expression field to get this going.

Would love to have it display 3 "rated" tracks from any album (that has at least three rated tracks) and effectively ignore any album with just 2 rated tracks (or less - or none)

Appreciate any help out there.

Cheers!

VP

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen

[Media Type]=[audio] [Rating]=>=1 [Release Type]=[Studio] [Complete Album]=1 ~limit=-1,1,[album] ~limit=-1,1,[year] ~a ~seq ~sort=Random ~limit=-1,3,[album],[album artist (auto)] ~sort=[Sequence] ~n=12

Doesn't the bolded item expand your selection out to full albums again so that the subsequent limits can pick non-rated tracks from those selected albums for processing? Not an expert in this area but I would suggest that your best way forward is to create a smartlist and apply each of your selection criteria one by one, watching for the outcome of each new applied criterion.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Smartlist Assistance - Can anyone review this "Triple Plays" for problems
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 01:35:58 pm »

Not an expert in this area but I would suggest that your best way forward is to create a smartlist and apply each of your selection criteria one by one, watching for the outcome of each new applied criterion.

Took your advise and broke this thing down line by line - removed everything and added things back in for about 30 minutes. No combo of the existing elements would get me 3 tracks (rated 1 or higher) from 4 random albums. (for a total of 12 songs)

I was left with the possibility that I need to add something "Rating" specific to the Modify_>Limit (advanced) field - but I do not know enough about the syntax to make it work.

This ask seems like it should be easy - but MC does not process the logic in a way that makes sense (As least on the surface).

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up