INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Showtime  (Read 6757 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
NEW: Showtime
« on: February 03, 2020, 10:22:33 am »

We've added a way to play intros, trailers and the like before playing a movie from Theater View in Media Center 26.

It was originally proposed here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123061.0.html

Instructions
You turn on the Showtime roller item for Theater View in Options > Theater View > Show Showtime roller item.

Then, whenever you select a movie in Theater View, you will get the option for Showtime. 

You can edit the the types of files to show the showtime roller for by using Options > Theater View > Show Showtime rules...  The default doesn't show the roller item for TV shows.

To edit the list of files that actually get played, you use Options > Theater View > Showtime rules...

It's a list of searches to run on the database.  It starts with a number of files, a colon, then the search.  Everything after the equal in the search is evaluated as an expression on the file being played.  There are some more details on the expression evaluation here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123882.0.html

This makes a list of related videos, intros, trailers or similar to play before starting the actual movie.

Enjoy :)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
Re: NEW: Showtime
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 02:01:56 pm »

Matt, is there a reason that we can't add our own values to the Pre-Show field?  It would be nice to be able to add whatever we'd like there.

Once again, thank you for making my request a reality :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:12:43 pm »

You might be right.  I'm going to try making a "loose" list type and see if it works.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

altahomwtheatre

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 03:14:24 pm »

I played with the new "Showtime" update a little today and it is working as I expected.

I use it to display a short video of the audio codex before each movie.  It can also be used to display previews and other videos before a movie.  Setting it up was quite simple.

Create two custom database fields: 
(1) Audio Codex Play - In this field you enter the codex of the current movie.
(2) Audio Codex - In your audio demo files, enter the audio codex of the demo file.  This will match codes entered into the "Audio Codex Play" field.

In the Theater View Options enter the following into the Showtime rules field:  1:[Audio Code]=[[Audio Codex Play]]

That will play one random audio demo file that matches the Audio Codex of the movie being played.  Attached is screen shot of the two new fields and how I have coded them.

Thanks to JRiver team for setting this up.  It is a fun feature that allows for a little "showing off" of my theater before the movie starts.

idratherbeflying

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 10:20:23 pm »

This is such an awesome feature, thank you a ton for rolling this out!

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 09:59:07 pm »

Matt, is there any potential for this to evolve such that, before a movie plays, a number of trailers other movies of the same genre and maturity rating released in the same month/year of a movie can be played? I miss theatrical trailers before movies play, and it would be a great way to recall long forgotten movies as my family watches classics from decades past.

- Doug

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 10:49:43 pm »

Good idea.  Thanks.

alb

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 05:49:59 pm »

Matt, is there any potential for this to evolve such that, before a movie plays, a number of trailers other movies of the same genre and maturity rating released in the same month/year of a movie can be played? I miss theatrical trailers before movies play, and it would be a great way to recall long forgotten movies as my family watches classics from decades past.

- Doug
That's a cool idea.  Otherwise, it seems like it could be a lot of work to create these Trailers, no??  So I don't know if I'll get benefit from Showtime.  But, I know many will.  ;D

I wish I could code.  I'd love to make a plugin that grabs movie trailers from https://trailers.apple.com/ LOL

cowboydude99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 04:50:21 pm »

That's a cool idea.  Otherwise, it seems like it could be a lot of work to create these Trailers, no??  So I don't know if I'll get benefit from Showtime.  But, I know many will.  ;D

I wish I could code.  I'd love to make a plugin that grabs movie trailers from https://trailers.apple.com/ LOL

I just opened a new MC25 thread about this.  I guess I should have used search first!

This is exactly what I was searching for - MC to stream trailers from Apple, or any other service.  Even if it only did current trailers.

alb

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 08:23:55 pm »

For those who have this new feature working, would you mind posting a screenshot of your Showtime Rules? It would be helpful to me.  Sorry, I don't mean to be a pain...  Thanks!

cowboydude99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 04:40:19 pm »

Is it possible to use web addresses for random trailers?

I don’t want to download trailers, but stream them in the highest resolution.

So basically, I just find the movie I want to watch, then JR grab 3 current trailers and ply them. Ideally with a seamless transfer between each.

Edit: themoviedb has trailers in sections, such as streaming and in theaters.

This would be quite cool!

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2020, 12:02:02 pm »

The new Showtime feature is great!

FEATURE REQUEST:

If I select Showtime, instead of Watch, can MC bypass the bookmark (if there is one) and just start the movie from the beginning without prompting the user? I have many movies I haven't watched in a while that prompt to resume and this interrupts the experience of the smooth transition from the trailers to the main movie.

I realize I can reset that field so there is no bookmark, but then the problem gradually gets worse again overtime. I know I can also disable the prompt to resume all-together, but it seems like an elegant solution to assume that if the user selects Showtime, they want the movie to start from the beginning. If they click Watch, and there happens to be a bookmark, it will still prompt to resume.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

cowboydude99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2020, 10:47:44 am »

I upgraded to MC 26 for this feature.

I am currently using it to play a few intro videos:
1 - name of HT - Feature Presentation
1 - The audio codec that will be played (Atmos, DTX-X, etc)

I wanted to add trailers, but I'm not sure how to do it.  I see I can select trailers from theater view, of movies in my library.

How can I add that?  Let's say play 3 random trailers from my library?

I see there is a tag in each movie file named 'trailer', and they all start with "webmedia".

How can I add it?

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 09:28:36 am »

I have set showtime so that you can see 3 photos before the movie. The problem is that too much time passes between one file and another: how can I reduce it?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2020, 09:22:20 pm »

I upgraded to MC 26 for this feature.
I wanted to add trailers, but I'm not sure how to do it.  I see I can select trailers from theater view, of movies in my library.

How can I add that?  Let's say play 3 random trailers from my library?

I see there is a tag in each movie file named 'trailer', and they all start with "webmedia".

How can I add it?

I think the trailer needs to be a local file in the library, it's not for streaming online.
I added a podcast for movie trailers using this URL  http://feeds.hd-trailers.net/

Then in the showtime rules add this:
3:[Artist]=[Movie Trailers]
since they are automatically tagged that way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up