INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote With Multiple HTPC's  (Read 721 times)

nathanCFD

• Recent member
JRemote With Multiple HTPC's
« on: February 16, 2020, 03:20:08 pm »

I just bought JRemote for the iPAD, really slick.  I've been using MC for years and years.  I have a media server and five slaves (HTPC's) - they all are now running MC26.  So, I can get JRemote to control the actual, physical Media Server.  But, I can't see where to add anything other than the one PC (the main one that shares the library).  I tried to add a slave as a 2nd one via IP Address, but it keeps saying "timed out". JRiver Panel works fine from the iPAD.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: JRemote With Multiple HTPC's
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 04:56:13 pm »

You can load a library from your server and play to a client.  Is that what you want?  If so, go to Playing Now and click on the circle in the lower left.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 04:57:37 pm »

Any MC instance can turn on media network which is what you need to allow jremote to connect, that client instance can still connect to a library server though as these two features are separate things

nathanCFD

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 06:26:11 am »

Great, Thanks! I got it.

So, playing around with the app - I can't see how to select audio streams on a video file or select/disable sub-titles.  I can start and stop a video, but that's it.  Also, my Shows are not in season folders - even on list view I can't sort by season/episode.  It seems like the inter-phase is designed primarily for music, but I just MC nearly exclusively for video.  Any pointers?

Pages: [1]   Go Up