INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JR srcaping and playing a file in the wrong place  (Read 770 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
JR srcaping and playing a file in the wrong place
« on: February 20, 2020, 02:20:40 am »

I have two sections Ive created for my JR , One folder for Movies and another for Short films. It’s a shared folder from my Nas and Windows has mapped Movies as (X) and Short Films as (Z)

I put all films into Movies (X folder) and all Short Films into Short Films (Z folder), this has always worked perfectly for years, separating movies to short films. However I recently added a large short film approx. 7GB to the Short Films folder, when I run the JR scraper it adds the short film to both the Movies section of JR and the Short films section of JR, however its only in the folder (Z) for short films.

'Ive been doing it this way for years and years but all my Short Films are way smaller than 7GB, they have always remained in the correct place in JR. I had my PC man in today to try and understand what was going on and why was this larger short film also going into the Movie section when its not actually placed in that folder, he also couldn’t understand what was up with JR. We deleted it many times from JR but as its in the Short Films (Z) section, when JR re scrapes it comes back into both arears again, it should only show in the Short Films section. What is up with JR 25 please? It looks like JR is saying you are a large file 7GB so Im placing you into Movies! Can someone please help us?

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: JR scaping and playing a file in the wrong place!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 07:12:11 am »

it's all about the tags...
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JR srcaping and playing a file in the wrong place!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 07:22:11 am »

Look at the Media Sub-type tag.  You can change it.

murray

Re: JR srcaping and playing a file in the wrong place!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 01:38:42 pm »

Look at the Media Sub-type tag.  You can change it.
Jim is there a way to set these tags up so they become universal and permanent. I really dont want to ad say a short and sometimes they go to the correct folder (Z) and other times they end up in my Movies folder (X) Then one has to go into tags and correct it after noticing on the restart of JR. There must be a way to get movies or shorts to to to the correct place when I rip and point it to the correct folder during the rip???

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up