INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downloaded Cloudplay playlist songs missing  (Read 724 times)

Poochini

Downloaded Cloudplay playlist songs missing
« on: February 29, 2020, 12:55:26 pm »

I'm at a loss on how to (at least semi-permanently) save cloudplay playlists.  I have picked through a good bit of them that people have generously put together and upload.  Some of the playlists are ones I want to easily select to play and/or pull individual songs from to make up my own "custom cloudplay playlist".

So, I go ahead and save specific playlists from Cloudplay to my local system (via the little cloud symbol with the down arrow).  The playlists show up in my local Playlists group under "Cloudplay/Playlists" and I can play them without any problem.

So far, so good.

But, if I close MC and then open it later, the playlists are still listed (i.e., the playlist title) in my local playlist folder, but when I click on a playlist all of the song files are missing.  To make it even more puzzling, most of the time one or a few playlists that I downloaded are still filled with the song files, but the rest are empty. I haven't found anything like the problem described above in the forum. 

At this point I don't know if it is the way I am saving or organizing the downloaded playlists, if it is something in my MC setup, or maybe how I am conducting my regular junk file cleanup maintenance and web browsing cleanup in Windows.

I am using MC 25.0.114 (64-bit) with Windows 10 and, FWIW, I recently started using Chrome exclusively for MC and FireFox for all other web activity.

Hopefully I'm just being a bonehead and am missing something obvious and/or a good explanation of how to avoid this problem has already been described on the Forum and I missed it.

Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Downloaded Cloudplay playlist songs missing
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 02:09:34 pm »

Cloudplay is significantly different in MC26.  You could download and install it to see what's changed.

Poochini

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 03:02:14 pm »

I downloaded and tried MC 26, but the problem seems the same -
* I (re)downloaded playlists from cloudplay to my local system and they play fine
* I then close and reopen MC
* All songs are missing from most downloaded playlists, but a few playlists still have all the songs in them.

Strange.

Any suggestions?

Is there a place in my Windows 10 or Chrome where the local downloaded cloud playlist data are stored so I can check to make sure the file (or whatever it is) isn't getting wiped out during the close/open process?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 03:23:55 pm »

Are you downloading on a client, not your server?

Are you looking under Playlists > Cloudplay?  The location of Cloudplay downloaded playlists was moved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up