INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "tag" driven Copy...  (Read 783 times)

High-End

• World Citizen
"tag" driven Copy...
« on: March 01, 2020, 10:16:32 am »

I am aware that the topic has nothing directly to do with MC. However, the next necessary step will be with MC.... So maybe the admin is gracious...
So: I have stored a lot of audio files on a Linux powered Synology NAS. Now I want to make a copy of parts of them for further MC processing. The distinction is hidden in a tag in the files. The tag is called "by Claudia".
I am now looking for a Linux command that will examine the files and create a local copy at match. What is the best way to do this?
It would be good if the folder structure in the copy would correspond to that of the original.
Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: "tag" driven Copy...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 10:30:56 am »

You could make a playlist.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: "tag" driven Copy...
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 10:57:20 am »

I am aware that the topic has nothing directly to do with MC. However, the next necessary step will be with MC.... So maybe the admin is gracious...
So: I have stored a lot of audio files on a Linux powered Synology NAS. Now I want to make a copy of parts of them for further MC processing. The distinction is hidden in a tag in the files. The tag is called "by Claudia".
I am now looking for a Linux command that will examine the files and create a local copy at match. What is the best way to do this?
It would be good if the folder structure in the copy would correspond to that of the original.
Thanks!

In JRiver, create a playlist like Jim said based on matching that tag.  Then go to Tools=>Options=>Handheld.  In that menu, choose "Add Device" and set the path where you would like the copies of the file to go.  That path will then be recognized by MC as a "handheld device."  Then you can go to Devices in the tree on the left sidebar and configure your new "handheld device" so that it's syncing the playlist you made above to the directory in question.  You can set it to keep the folder structure, do conversions, or not, etc.  Explore the handheld sync options. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up