INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have zone switch change AVR automatically?  (Read 1053 times)

landolfi

• Recent member
Have zone switch change AVR automatically?
« on: March 01, 2020, 11:01:18 am »

Hi,

I've looked everywhere here for info on whether there is a way to have JMC 26 send IR commands automatically when the zone changes. I have a Windows MCE transceiver and what I would like to have happen is when my zone switch for Exasound e28 runs, JRiver automatically sends the IR command for Multichannel analog input to the AVR through a blaster. Or when zone switch for Oppo 203 runs, it automatically sends the IR command for Oppo 203 to the AVR. Is this possible? The only references I see to using a transceiver sound like they require that I initiate the command from an IR remote. Or maybe there is a plug-in that does this?

landolfi

• Recent member
Re: Have zone switch change AVR automatically?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 10:03:39 am »

Turns out this was probably not the right place to ask this question, but I'm posting an answer to it so others can benefit: Yes you can.

There's an option in Remotes if you have an MCE IR transceiver to blast IR codes to devices on a Play command to a zone. Tools/Options/Remotes. It's built-in to Media Center in v26, no plug-in required.

One of the coolest things about Media Center is every time I have thought of something I want to do, I found out Media Center can already do it.There was a learning curve but the power and flexibility is well worth it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up