INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: remote desktop connection  (Read 1052 times)

Tunedac

• Recent member
remote desktop connection
« on: March 07, 2020, 09:40:35 am »

Is remote desktop connection usable? I'm wifi connected. I can connect very briefly with password, remote, but get protocol error and lose connection. remote access connection would be great. Any suggestions?

Tunedac

• Recent member
Re: remote desktop connection
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 09:20:33 am »

Is remote desktop connection usable? Have nuc6 and I'm wifi connected. I can connect very briefly with password, remote, but get protocol error and lose connection. remote access connection would be great. Any suggestions?

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 11:34:04 am »

Remote desktop should work. I just tried it out here and it worked fine. It could possibly be a wifi issue. Could you connect the Id to the network via ethernet just as a test? You could also try connecting remotely with VNC.

Tunedac

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 03:49:20 pm »

thanks Brad, I tried wired connection but get the same behavior with Remote Desktop Connection, I use the password remote as suggested, it connects for about 5 seconds and then stops saying remote access is not on, not enabled or not connected.  I seem to be connected ok. I will have to look into VNC, not familiar with that. Is VNC server preinstalled in ID?

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 08:16:40 am »

Yes, the Id has a VNC server running. All you need to do is install a VNC viewer on the machine you use to connect to it remotely. I usually use tiger VNC viewer for that. It's been a while, but I don't even think there is anything to install. You just need to download the VNC viewer exe file and run it.

Tunedac

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 09:13:43 am »

Thanks Brad, now can connect vnc and works great. no longer have to use key, mouse and try to read monitor on other side of room.  great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up